• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Sheffield United (A) build up thread - 14/09/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see Marcal as cover for LCB and LWB and if he has a few good appearances as a sub then he may force himself into a starting berth in either position. He will be Saiss competition for " most yellow cards"

PATRICIO

BOLY COADY SAISS

TRAORE NEVES MOUTINHO VINAGRE

PODENCE JIMINEZ JOTA

Would be my starting line up

RUDDY
MARCAL
FABIO
VINNY V
DONK
KILMAN

Bench

Think it'll be 352, so Cybers team, but Donk in for Podes.

I see Marcal as cover for LCB and LWB and if he has a few good appearances as a sub then he may force himself into a starting berth in either position. He will be Saiss competition for " most yellow cards"

PATRICIO

BOLY COADY SAISS

TRAORE NEVES MOUTINHO VINAGRE

PODENCE JIMINEZ JOTA

Would be my starting line up

RUDDY
MARCAL
FABIO
VINNY V
DONK
KILMAN

Bench

Nuno doing a Redknapp and making a point about squad depth by not naming enough subs?

.................... Patricio

........... Boly - Coady - Marcal

Corona - Neves - Moutinho - Telles

..................... Vitinha

................. Silva - Raul

:crossfingers:

We're not going to have four wide players on the books only to play none of them. Fully expecting 3-4-3 in the majority of games for this season.

We're not going to have four wide players on the books only to play none of them. Fully expecting 3-4-3 in the majority of games for this season.

Down to three at the moment really though as Traore is almost certain to be plugging a gap at RWB, then Jota would be first choice alongside Jimenez in all likelihood so just two wide options on the bench, so not really any different to 343 in normal circumstances in terms of excess resource.

.................... Patricio

........... Boly - Coady - Marcal

Corona - Neves - Moutinho - Telles

..................... Vitinha

................. Silva - Raul

:crossfingers:

In the unlikely event of Telles and Corona signing this set up leaves a bench of Traore, Jota, Neto, Podence, Saiss, Dendoncker, Vinagre! Quite strong!

Worried about this one and our level of fitness. Not sure you can judge too much from Doc being hooked after 75 minutes y/day as he's a player who always needs games, but Blades must be ahead of us in prep/fitness

Apparently Wilder has already said Sheffield United wont be at full strength due to injuries and general fitness concerns so I doubt they're any better off than us.

I really want to see Vitinha today, I think these are just the kind of games that he's been bought for tbh, with his ability to find spaces and play between the lines and allow is to dominate the midfield.

Rui
Boly/Coady/marcal
Traore/neves/Vitinha/joao/vinagre
Raul/jota

I suspect it'll be donk in the middle, saiss at the back and marcal for vinagre though, and there'll be one goal or fewer in the match

I’d probably start Neto and Jota Ahead of Pod, purely on the basis that they had game time on international duty.

I’m expecting us to be a bit rusty tonight only Jota, Moutinho, Neto and Coady have had any sort of game time in the last 7 weeks.

I actually dont know how Nuno is going to go tonight.
I am probably miles away but I would not mind seeing

‐---------------Rui‐--------------

‐------Boly-------Coady-------Saiss‐--------
Adama----Neves---Mout-----Vinagre

--------Pod------Raul--------Jota---------

Use Jota and Pod to drag the full backs in leaving space for Adama, and Vinagre to exploit the wide areas.

Nuno probably has a completely different takenon it all, and TBH

IN NUNO WE TRUST

I have a sneaky feeling that Fabio Silva starts up front with Raul tonight.

We went 3-4-3 in both of the games vs Sheffield United last year. Will be interesting to see if we stick with that given we only got a point.

I have a sneaky feeling that Fabio Silva starts up front with Raul tonight.

Of the 3 new signings I think Marçal is the most likely to start. Maybe Vitinha if we go 3-5-2.

I'd be OK with Pod starting - to use a horse racing analogy, he doesn't look like he takes much getting fit - unlike say, Doc, who clearly needed a few games. If this is the start of the next phase and Nuno wants us to be more attacking then maybe 3-4-3 with Pod and Jota alongside Raul. If Marcal starts then I'm backing him to get a yellow card...

Can't see any of the new players starting personally they've had what a couple of days training with the team/Nuno.

I'll be surprised if Nuno doesn't start with 3-5-2.

Jota and Jiminez up front and Dendoncker the third in midfield

He can always change the system in-play if need be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back