• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Site problem

Just penis reduction surgery ads for me.

I hate ads at the best of times. But asking if I would vote for President Trump a 3rd time is not putting me in good mood.

I had some about a week ago, buy they were hard to shift until I realised there was a little chevron on the far left tab and then it just slid away. they came every 15 minutes or so but easy to shift. But, none today...

Weirdly, TWF is not the only website I frequent that has started displaying these kinds of ads without warning.

They also don't show up for me in Edge.

Last edited:
I must lead an interesting life, my ads were for accounting software.

Think I need to up my Internet searches.

Google has a 'helpful' feature where it regularly does experiments by varying ad numbers and visibility - hence why some see them and some dont. But now it has determined that they were such a success everyone gets them.

Will see what I can do to reduce the intrusiveness.

have realised that it seems there are some threads I cannot see. I was aware that the welcome new members thread wasn't visible to me, but have also noticed that sniffer bumped the north korea thread, but when I went into gen chatter it was no where to be seen. also not in the current affairs sub forum.

obviously the issue here is that there could be numerous threads I cannot see, as I only become aware of them when they are newly posted in and are at the top/most recent thread for that forum and I see it from the main page.

Dunno what, if anything is the issue here, and loads of you may actually be well pleased at not having to read my inane ramblings on other subjects. Equally, no idea how to monitor or track what people cannot see. It's almost a question of proving I don't have WMDs!

have realised that it seems there are some threads I cannot see. I was aware that the welcome new members thread wasn't visible to me, but have also noticed that sniffer bumped the north korea thread, but when I went into gen chatter it was no where to be seen. also not in the current affairs sub forum.

obviously the issue here is that there could be numerous threads I cannot see, as I only become aware of them when they are newly posted in and are at the top/most recent thread for that forum and I see it from the main page.

Dunno what, if anything is the issue here, and loads of you may actually be well pleased at not having to read my inane ramblings on other subjects. Equally, no idea how to monitor or track what people cannot see. It's almost a question of proving I don't have WMDs!
You might have the thread starter on ignore.

does that mean the entire thread disappears?

I suspect for the NK one I do. who started the welcome new members thread? was it history makers?

Not sure if its a little bug or a user thing but Lemonjelly and Billy didnt get notifications for Last Man Standing on the Prediction League page.

I'm really sorry. Ever since before Christmas - windows, macOS and iOS - every time I visit the site it asks me to log in. When I log in most often it times out and only gives a white screen. occasionally I get past that, but it goes very slow and then times out a couple of pages in.

I tried clearing cookies, not sharing across devices, in-private/incognito, even booting into pen driver linux (completely new install) and none of these made any difference to the above behaviour. I can only assume something is corrupted server side with my account.

As a last resort I have re-registered as a new user, and all seems to be working. I will keep you posted. it would be great if you can delete Lupollet and let me keep this one?

I'm really sorry. Ever since before Christmas - windows, macOS and iOS - every time I visit the site it asks me to log in. When I log in most often it times out and only gives a white screen. occasionally I get past that, but it goes very slow and then times out a couple of pages in.

I tried clearing cookies, not sharing across devices, in-private/incognito, even booting into pen driver linux (completely new install) and none of these made any difference to the above behaviour. I can only assume something is corrupted server side with my account.

As a last resort I have re-registered as a new user, and all seems to be working. I will keep you posted. it would be great if you can delete Lupollet and let me keep this one?
I posted this in incognito mode, but I have now cleared all that down and this is in normal mode. so it definitely looks like it worked and I can only assume its some kind of corruption on my original account?

Back