• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Some stats

I honestly can't fathom how this season has been worse than relegation under Saunders. Yes it has been awful but never worse than relegation. It's bizarre thinking.

This season doesn't come close to Saunders & relegation

Just been incredibly boring

How very bizarre. Do you think The Godfather III is better than the previous 2?

Stop it! There is little comfort I can take from this season as there is no reason to change the manager . in 2012 there was. Saunders the clown had a better record game for game than jacket yet jacket keeps his job. I cannot find a true positive for such a dire set of performances particularly at home. We gave o hara and Johnson dog's abuse quite rightly for their non performance that year. This season half the squad, the manager ,the owner , the ceo and the recruitment team have all significantly under performed. I do not see how you can possibly argue against it. Even the stats back it up. We are very very lucky to be in the division. Much change needed.

So for me it is a worse season as we can expect more of the same turgid shit come August with Jackett in charge. At least in 2012 the club knew Saunders had to go

The comparison is so pointless it defies belief we're talking about it. Saunders wasn't good enough. Jackett isn't good enough. End of.

You can make an argument that we were unlucky to go down under Saunders considering our points total and that it was a really high total to go down with.

I still wouldn't compare Jackett's tenure to the loon that was Deano though.

The comparison is so pointless it defies belief we're talking about it. Saunders wasn't good enough. Jackett isn't good enough. End of.

Totally my point mate. Saunders was sacked as he was managerially and tactically incompetent. I lay the same charge at jacketts door this season and know that the club will do fuck all about it even though it is 100% factually and statistically accurate and that grips my shit

You can make an argument that we were unlucky to go down under Saunders considering our points total and that it was a really high total to go down with.

I still wouldn't compare Jackett's tenure to the loon that was Deano though.

This season I would. Game for game in incredibly deano was better I believe. Sad, horrible fucked up truth

Points are relative to that year though. Our points total this year is good enough for us to finish mid table. To argue that we are very very lucky to be in the division in nonsensical. The table doesn't lie.

Points are relative to that year though. Our points total this year is good enough for us to finish mid table. To argue that we are very very lucky to be in the division in nonsensical. The table doesn't lie.

9 flukey points at Xmas saved us. Add to that a flukey hone win against Charlton and Dave Edwards handball winner against Blackburn and IMHO we are fucking lucky to be mid table. We barely deserve it. We failed to score 10 games that year. Its 13 so far this season

This season I would. Game for game in incredibly deano was better I believe. Sad, horrible fucked up truth

Not really, Saunders averaged exactly one point per game. How many points do we have this season? Clue: it's more than 45.

Taking a random 20 game snapshot is worthless especially as we've had nothing to play for this year. Worth remembering that when we actually needed points at the back end of 2012/13, we lost four of our last five games. But of course Saunders was better.

9 flukey points at Xmas saved us. Add to that a flukey hone win against Charlton and Dave Edwards handball winner against Blackburn and IMHO we are fucking lucky to be mid table. We barely deserve it.

Good point tbf. We've been very lucky not to be involved in a relegation battle this year, partly because of those boring wins over Xmas and partly because of how shit the bottom 3 have been.

Not really, Saunders averaged exactly one point per game. How many points do we have this season? Clue: it's more than 45.

Taking a random 20 game snapshot is worthless especially as we've had nothing to play for this year. Worth remembering that when we actually needed points at the back end of 2012/13, we lost four of our last five games. But of course Saunders was better.

DW do you always want to put me down? Have I offended you? Please compare the last games of this season with the number of games idiot deano was in charge. I have never once defended him. Yet the club saw him for what he was. Unfortunately if he had managed to keep wolves up in 2012 would the club have sacked him? I think not! Moxey tends to stick rather than twist . MM should really have gone either after the last game v Blackburn or about November when we started freefall and it appeared obvious something was wrong with Johnsons captaincy.
Now we are in similar territory however we are safe for the season and the owner wants out. It points towards no action IMHO. That is the problem. That is my point. Both managers are crap. Their records over the same last games are crap. The performances are crap. The atmosphere is crap and the outlook is crap

You might remember I started this thread, these have been my statistics that I've sourced over the last six months, all damning Kenny Jackett...

The only time I have defended him in any way on this thread is against what I see as the crazy insistence that Dean Saunders was better than him and this season has been worse than 2012/13, because I plain don't understand the thinking behind that let alone coming close to agreeing with it. Your prerogative to hold that opinion, but don't be surprised when people question it when it's more left field than a mid 90s trip hop gig. That's kind of how a forum works.

OK. Unnecessary sarcasm aside. I felt relieved when we were relegated to league one as once I had got through the anger I knew that the club was going to change. What followed was two seasons giving me real hope. This year has knocked it back hugely. To you 2012 was worse. To me this is at least as bad but without the relegation, fortunately. Still I have my opinion backed up by stats and you have yours. May be next year we can agree about something. Shame you are not playing 14 th may. It would have been good to see if the poetic pacifist (your self description) would be less competitive on a football feild. I think not!

quite galling that Burnley has been promoted after losing 3 of their top players, and still having some of our 'castoffs' !!

quite galling that Burnley has been promoted after losing 3 of their top players, and still having some of our 'castoffs' !!

Quite a bit of that is having a Manager who seems to know what he is doing though.

I agree with you PLF, but from where we were last season, to completely self destruct this one should produce a P45 for KJ.
as someone posted recently, perhaps the board should read this forum to see what is wrong.

Leicester have made 27 changes to their first eleven so far this season. The next lowest in the Premier League is Bournemouth on 50. Link

Does anyone know if we're in triple figures yet?

If your replacing a Mick McCarthy but wish to use those same players it makes sense to use a similar manager such as Sean Dyche who was working as a pundit for Sky sports during a period when Mick could have been replaced. Wolves never seem to do forward thinking.

Just done some research after reading a few comments on Twitter saying it's too early to panic, no way we could get relegated (Just to add I personally don't think we will go down, but would never say we won't)

In the last 8 Championship seasons, of the 24 teams relegated 23 have been in the bottom 10 at this stage of the season. The only team that weren't was us during the Solbakken/Saunders season.

As said, I don't think we will go down but the situation and current run we are on, combined with recent performances, is worrying.

Back