• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Some stats

43 league games played this season. 20 first half goals scored.

Goal a game stuff. For a preview of next season see Millwall in the season we got relegated. P46 W11 D15 L20 For 46 Against 74 Points 48 Position 19th (And in 11th in top scorer charts that season - Jamie Vardy with 16)

Can easily see us being embroiled in a dog fight next season especially if we have another bad summer.

Can easily see us being embroiled in a dog fight next season especially if we have another bad summer.

We will have a bad summer. There will be little in the way of fees paid for players and unless we part services with the manager I can't see any real improvement in either the on the pitch performances or results.

How bad would it have to get before Jackett is removed. Relegation places next Christmas, would that see him off?

We will have a bad summer. There will be little in the way of fees paid for players and unless we part services with the manager I can't see any real improvement in either the on the pitch performances or results.

I'm just waiting for the "it's like having a new signing" line to be thrown around by KJ when Dicko returns - because we haven't actually made any new signings.

The Championship is still going to be very weak outside the top eight or so, if we can get and keep Dicko and Graham fit we probably wouldn't be in that much danger of relegation. You look at the sides around and below us, Brentford are hitting the rocks with their model, Reading are in a similar going nowhere state to us, Blackburn are a shambles off field and will be in a real mess next season, Leeds, Fulham and Forest are all chaotic clubs with bizarre ownership and are condemned to constant flux and struggle until that changes, Rotherham will always struggle at this level and Bristol City are a rubbish team. I suspect Burton will be out of their depth if they come up and so would Walsall. You'd probably find Blues would come into the mix if Rowett left and they got his replacement wrong.

To me though, hovering around 15th place scoring hardly any goals and hardly ever winning at home isn't good enough for Wolverhampton Wanderers in this league regardless of budget.

Leeds United owner Massimo Cellino has revealed that the club will give a 50% refund to all season ticket holders should the club fail to reach the Play-Offs next season, according to the official club site.

Obviously can't see there's much to beat.

Leeds United owner Massimo Cellino has revealed that the club will give a 50% refund to all season ticket holders should the club fail to reach the Play-Offs next season, according to the official club site.

Obviously can't see there's much to beat.

You see now, there's an incentive to buy a season ticket. What are the ones that Moxey promised again?

Just scoring some goals at home would be enough to get me excited at the moment.

Winning just 3 games out of the last 17 is very shit.
Indeed, it's sacking performance isn't it?

Wonder if theres any club incentives to attend the last 2 home games?

Wonder if theres any club incentives to attend the last 2 home games?

At the Fans' Parliament in February Jez said (paraphrasing) that the club were aware that our gates were down on last year and indeed what we normally get at this level, they weren't ignoring the issue and we would see some initiatives "soon".

Since then there hasn't been a single matchday offer bar the ones already in place (4 for £40 family ticket or whatever it is, members paying a slightly lower price for the Bristol City midweek game) and our Early Bird offer was to just keep prices exactly the same. Their sole initiative is that if you now can't make a match as a STH and want to pass your ticket on to a mate to use, you can tell the club that you're doing so rather than just erm, doing it. Dynamic stuff.

Bloody hell, hadn't realised this - we're currently only two points better off than the total we had when we were relegated to League One.

I'd be amazed if we managed more than another two or three points by the end of the season, too.

clearly KJ still has a job because Morgan wanna sell the club

- 3 wins in 19 games
- Form in those 19 games is W3 D9 L7, under a point a game
- 27 out of 45 games without a first half goal
- Failure to win next Saturday will give us our fewest number of home wins at this level since 1984/85
- A defeat next week will see us finish with just three more points than we had when relegated in 2012/13
- A defeat next week will give us one fewer point than in 1995/96 when we finished 20th
- Conor Hunte has now been an unused sub for four straight games despite the manager's promise to play youth when mathematically safe

Back