• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Southampton 2 Wolves 3 verdict thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shall we just wipe the slate clean, celebrate the win & forget the understandable frustration being 2-0 down at HT and all last week's arguments?

Completely agree. They scored two very good finished from fairly difficult chances. We missed a sitter.

The tactical change by Nuno was fantastic, and we were so much more direct and aggressive. Fantastic

Agreed. We didn't help ourselves with our defending for the goals either but they were both well taken, especially the first. We were pretty shit going forward too but as has been said the tactical tweak at half time was a masterstroke and we made them pay. The first half was hard to watch but some of the stuff in the match thread was absolutely ludicrous.

And Pedro Neto, bloody hell. I was sceptical of £20m but you can't question the lad's attitude or 4 goals in the last six games, even if VAR only allows him 1 in 2

No it wasn’t. It was a bad performance but none of that hyperbolic bullshit.

Yes it fucking was.
First half was embarrassing, second half was totally the opposite. Praise when they should be, but when they are bad as they were the first half I am not covering it up with luck I would love to have seen Nunos team talk I reckon he peeled the paint off the walls

Yes it fucking was.
First half was embarrassing, second half was totally the opposite. Praise when they should be, but when they are bad as they were the first half I am not covering it up with luck.inwould.love to have seen Nunos team talk I reckon he peeled the paint off the wolves

You're the embarrassment.

it's great that we came from behind but why are we needing to do so more than anyone else in the league? needs sorting. I didn't think the team had it in them today after that bad first half, happy to be proven wrong. doherty is badly in need of some time off. hopefully the goals topped off raul's tank.

really nice goals to bring it back and hold on for the W. probably Neto's best game for us? would've snatched your hand off for a draw at halftime, to bag all the points and play so well in the 2nd is a real credit to the team's backbone.

I don't think the 1st half was spectacularly bad but yes Donk maybe a little meh ... forgiven.

Doc needs a rest. Neves was superb second. Jao is Jao ...

I want Jeff to double Nuno's wages immediately. They need a strong five year plan and he is integral.

The players will be in by the end of the month and Willy will be fit but fucking hell haven't Killman and Neto done a job ?

what a great win. the sort of comeback that can inspire tired legs. ace.

And Pedro Neto, bloody hell. I was sceptical of £20m but you can't question the lad's attitude or 4 goals in the last six games, even if VAR only allows him 1 in 2
It was €20m for both Neto and Jordao. We'll never know what each individual player cost.

Kicking myself - looked at the odds at half time - think it was 18/1, and thought today wasn’t the day for a comeback - nuts!

I'm expecting us to lose, but one of the pleasures (and frustrations) of Nuno's Wolves is that they very often surpass (or dash) expectations. Given the way our season has gone, So'ton HT/Wolves FT is probably a value bet.

. . . At 33/1, as it turns out. £10 well spent there :)

Let's not wash away the first half that wasn't good, we conceded two soft goals AGAIN and tbh could have conceded more at the start of the second half.

That said, the tactical tweak from Nuno worked really well. Jimenez had much more support and we looked genuinely dangerous far more often. The spirit in this team is fantastic and that can never be questioned.
Let's work on not having to constantly come from behind though, not helping ourselves at all.

MOTM Neto, was respectable in the first half and brilliant in the second. Keep developing kid.

You're the embarrassment.

Really were you watching?

Dendoncker ball watching, 1 attempted tackle was laughable.
Jiminez controlled the ball farther than most passes ball bounced of his knee or shin countless times.
Traore lost the ball every time he got it
Doc was no where to be seen.
Passes directly out of play
5 yard passes behind the players .

It was awful total shite.

. . . At 33/1, as it turns out. £10 well spent there :)

Good for you. It wasn't a genuine 2-0 and let's be fair their defence was ready to fold. Jiminez, Neto and Traore is as good as anything out there given some fluidity and expression.

How was that penalty not immediately given?!

At a guess from the angle he was at he probably thought Stephens got a toe to the ball or something.

For a first game at this level didn't think ref was too bad tbh.

Really were you watching?

Dendoncker ball watching, 1 attempted tackle was laughable.
Jiminez controlled the ball farther than most passes ball bounced of his knee or shin countless times.
Traore lost the ball every time he got it
Doc was no where to be seen.
Passes directly out of play
5 yard passes behind the players .

It was awful total shite.

You sound like Fergie after Aberdeen won the cup.

Second half, Neto through the middle was fantastic, his ball to Jonny for the Pen was sublime.

Traore's turn and pass for the 3rd was superb, as was Rauls finish.
Neto's touch and finish we superb.

Second half we looked like a top 6 team, first half bottom 10

According to Saints fans, the last time Bednarek scored was at home when they lost 3-2 from being 2-0 up. So it was on the cards as soon as he netted. Surprised Cyber didn't pick that one up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back