• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Southampton 3-1 Wolves: The Verdict

The Championship is shite. I've had well over 20 years of watching us in that league. It's not fun.

I have been following Wolves since 1957. I have seen it all from the great sides to the Bhattis and Saunders, and what we have now under Fosun and Nuno is the most exciting of them all.
Yesterdays game was either going to be a slamming of Southampton by hurt players or exactly as was by the same hurt players.
I felt shit Sunday night and Monday after the semi, but imagine how shit you must have felt personally losing that game as a player, with some 90 seconds to go.
What we have achieved in the last two years is nothing short of atonishing and when you consider our most expensive player is 32 million (just last week) then the future as we "up" our profile as a club and thus our attractiveness to the better players is absolutely limitless.
Jeez guys give Nuno and Fosun some time and some belief, because if Nuno ever does fuck off, as so many numpties are suggesting today, we will be in another place altogether and i am sure, not smiling as much as we are this season.
I am not sure we are ready for Europe yet, but if we get there so be it, if we don't you won't catch me crying in my cypro.

You and I have watched across the same time period Pavlos and your comments are spot on

I have been following Wolves since 1957. I have seen it all from the great sides to the Bhattis and Saunders, and what we have now under Fosun and Nuno is the most exciting of them all.
Yesterdays game was either going to be a slamming of Southampton by hurt players or exactly as was by the same hurt players.
I felt shit Sunday night and Monday after the semi, but imagine how shit you must have felt personally losing that game as a player, with some 90 seconds to go.
What we have achieved in the last two years is nothing short of atonishing and when you consider our most expensive player is 32 million (just last week) then the future as we "up" our profile as a club and thus our attractiveness to the better players is absolutely limitless.
Jeez guys give Nuno and Fosun some time and some belief, because if Nuno ever does fuck off, as so many numpties are suggesting today, we will be in another place altogether and i am sure, not smiling as much as we are this season.
I am not sure we are ready for Europe yet, but if we get there so be it, if we don't you won't catch me crying in my cypro.

Spot on Pav. We have had good days in recent years - the renaissance in Div 1 after the Saunders FU, winning the Championship in style, but this is now on another level.

It has the potential to get better with a superb Manager & owners who are prepared to back up their bold claims.

Are there issues to solve - clearly yes, but would back Nuno, his suppport team & players to do so. We are well ahead of Fosun's schedule anyway & at this rarified level not sure what anyone else was expecting us to be able to achieve this quickly.

Was first at Molineux in 1959 (though to be honest don't remember that much, though it was when I was infected). This is the best team I have seen since the 70's (& it is probably better than that one)

I think I'd prefer Ben Marshall in our team rather than Adama Traore.

Absofuckinglutely

Spot on Pav. We have had good days in recent years - the renaissance in Div 1 after the Saunders FU, winning the Championship in style, but this is now on another level.

It has the potential to get better with a superb Manager & owners who are prepared to back up their bold claims.

Are there issues to solve - clearly yes, but would back Nuno, his suppport team & players to do so. We are well ahead of Fosun's schedule anyway & at this rarified level not sure what anyone else was expecting us to be able to achieve this quickly.

Was first at Molineux in 1959 (though to be honest don't remember that much, though it was when I was infected). This is the best team I have seen since the 70's (& it is probably better than that one)

Ha ha Parkin, my first ever footie match was away at the baggies. My dad and big brother were baggies supporters big time, and i came a way a Wolves supporter. boy were they pissed off.
I paid all exes for my big brother to come to Wembley for the 74 league cup final so he could see a good side play (lots of piss taking before) but as i remember he hardly spoke a word after.

I could not agree more. I have been following Wolves since 1953. I watched the glory years of the 50s and would say that the current team is much more exciting and the football more stylish. By the way, Pav, my family were Baggies supporters too but I switched my allegiance to Wolves in 1953, temporarily supported WBA in the Cup Final of 1954, but have always been a Wolves fan. And Nuno is a superb coach/manager, quite astute and tactically aware when you compare him to Stan Cullis!

Minor gripe, people seem to be getting bent out of shape because of attitudes on MM and social media. I don't read MM or comments below the fold on Twitter, so haven't seen any 'Nuno is an idiot', 'worst performance ever' type of rubbish. It's not been in on here so why bother commenting on it? Should be treated with the contempt it deserves. Yes we have Cyber, who would be happy if we lost to Spurs, Man Utd and Chelsea as long as we'd beaten Huddersfield twice and Cardiff away, but that's only because he has some sort of league table Asperger's

I agree with that - who gives a fuck what some morons say on Twitter? As MM said, Twitter is for twats...

Back