• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Spurs 1-0 Wolves: Verdict Thread

On paper they aren’t more talented than we are but they look to have a plan that all of their players understand.

Really? I'm not sure Podence, Donk and Hwang are any great shakes on paper or grass, and we've only had Guedes for 2 games and Nunes, Moutinho and Raul for 1

It's not an endless loop, I've literally said that once we get a striker then the judgement starts and he has no excuses
I get what you mean, I think; my point is that Bruno's not selecting the striker, so if we get someone in and they're shit, does Bruno continue to get a pass?

Really? I'm not sure Podence, Donk and Hwang are any great shakes on paper or grass, and we've only had Guedes for 2 games and Nunes, Moutinho and Raul for 1
I wouldn't personally say there's a big talent gap between Podence + Dendoncker + Hwang and Almiron + Joelinton + Willock tbh.

It'll be something else if we sign a decent striker and we're still shit.

'Oh well it was a tough run of games, we wouldn't expect to win anyway'

'Needs time for everything to bed down'

'Some old goon in the 70s said you should never look at the table until after 10 games'

'May as well wait until the World Cup'

'We played well at Old Trafford last season you know'

Did we pass the ball well yesterday, yes, but then we had a midfield of Joao Moutinho, Ruben Neves and Matheus Nunes, of course we will most of the time. Created virtually nothing. May as well have switched the TV off at 1-0. There is no huge sea change.

I would add that we stopped passing the ball well as soon as we took off Joao.

I would add that we stopped passing the ball well as soon as we took off Joao.
Yep, the creative sink hole that is Donk was on.

I have no idea why he didn't play Cundle.

How long does he deserve assuming we bring a new striker in before the knives come out from the "wait and see" crowd like myself? 1 game, 2 games, 3 games?

Assuming we start creating better chances but still lose (they are decent opposition coming up after all) do you then bin him off? I'd start to agree with that then.

We did have three or four decent opportunities in the first half yesterday to create chances or get shots on goal, but they seem to snatch at them or try and be too clever when they come along. Nunes' header was our best chance, but I doubt it was a high xG rating even though the goalie was completely stranded.

How long does he deserve assuming we bring a new striker in before the knives come out from the "wait and see" crowd like myself? 1 game, 2 games, 3 games?

Assuming we start creating better chances but still lose (they are decent opposition coming up after all) do you then bin him off? I'd start to agree with that then.

We did have three or four decent opportunities in the first half yesterday to create chances or get shots on goal, but they seem to snatch at them or try and be too clever when they come along. Nunes' header was our best chance, but I doubt it was a high xG rating even though the goalie was completely stranded.
0.03 xG on that header.

'Some old goon in the 70s said you should never look at the table until after 10 games'

Did we pass the ball well yesterday, yes, but then we had a midfield of Joao Moutinho, Ruben Neves and Matheus Nunes, of course we will most of the time. Created virtually nothing. May as well have switched the TV off at 1-0. There is no huge sea change.

I'm not sure that's fair.

I don't think people are wedded to Bruno to the extent they're looking for any tenuous reasons to keep him.

I can only speak for myself, but if we sign a striker and we're still 'shit' I'll happily say it as it is

I wouldn't personally say there's a big talent gap between Podence + Dendoncker + Hwang and Almiron + Joelinton + Willock tbh.
Its all about opinions but I'd certainly have Joelinton (midfield version) and Willock over Donk & Hwang. Podence & Almiron are closer, and I'd probably go Podence.

Its all about opinions but I'd certainly have Joelinton (midfield version) and Willock over Donk & Hwang. Podence & Almiron are closer, and I'd probably go Podence.
Sorry but....

team-america.gif

Yet it was a genuinely good chance which the keeper was never getting to had it been the other side of the post.
It was a good chance only because Nunes has the quality to make it one, IMO. Absolutely ridiculous degree of difficulty to even get it as close as he did.

FWIW, our "best" chance was a 0.09 xG shot by Podence in the 33rd.

They probably know more than us but I doubt Jeff Shi is giving the players a weekly update on if they think Lage is shit or not so how would they know if he's gonna be gone in 1 or 10 games?
Think you’re missing the point - what I’m saying is that too international players that we all rate in our first team didn’t warn Nunes off and so by implication I think they must be happy with Lage. Jeff Shi was probably the last person to be listened to by Nunes

Think you’re missing the point - what I’m saying is that too international players that we all rate in our first team didn’t warn Nunes off and so by implication I think they must be happy with Lage. Jeff Shi was probably the last person to be listened to by Nunes
On the other hand, neither Joao nor Ruben seem to be the types who would try to run a manager out of town. We aren't Chelsea, thank God.

There's zero chance 'it will be something else' once Raul has had a few games plus a new striker if we're still not scoring goals. He'll have lost most if not all Wolves fans after that.

Back