• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2016 Window Thread

£7m did seem a bit low given Monaco paid just shy of £13m for him. Not really bothered either way though to be fair, he's going to be class and he's ours for five years.

Thankfully transfer fees and wages are meaningless for us now. It's all about who will come to us and convincing them. If they will we'll get them in.

Aye, very true this

And overall now Christmas, so to speak, is over are people generally happy with our signings. Was it a XBox 1s 2TB with a 55 inch ultra HD transfer window for you or a £10 Woolworths gift voucher. Personally it has been the former for me with a mountain bike chucked in on the last day

And overall now Christmas, so to speak, is over are people generally happy with our signings. Was it a XBox 1s 2TB with a 55 inch ultra HD transfer window for you or a £10 Woolworths gift voucher. Personally it has been the former for me with a mountain bike chucked in on the last day

For me it was like my parents who had given me school uniform for Xmas for the last 5 years suddenly rolled up with an iPod iPhone tablet, electric bike and topped it off with a Thai massage voucher with a guaranteed happy ending. Safe to say I can't remember better since windows began

there is NO such thing as a 'Marquee' signing

There is a 'top marque' and there is a marquee.

I'll quite happily stand corrected if someone can demonstrate to me where a big tent applies to a football transfer

Marquee as a noun is a tent.
Marquee as a adjective is the main attraction.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37276609
Of the five players brought in for a total summer outlay of less than £20m, only Chadli could be described as a marquee signing.

Nope, he's a lower half Championship keeper at best, has been his entire career.

Personally I rate him a bit higher than that from what I have seen but I agree he is not a long term option. He is however better than Ikeme circa 2015/16 so provides an element of competition at the moment.

Interesting summary of our Portuguese. 1 crock unlikely to play, 2 squad players and 1 might be the real deal

Last edited:
Interesting summary of our Portuguese. 1 crock unlikely to play, 2 squad players and 1 might be the real deal

That makes Joao Teixeira the best squad player I've ever seen...

We must've seen some hope for Silvio or he wouldn't have passed a medical. Still no word on his injury?

Back