• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2016 Window Thread

I said top 6 and couldn't say any higher because I don't really know that much about a lot of our signings. If they all click, great. We'll be laughing. But at this stage there are too many factors that I can't answer and we haven't faced that stern a test as yet. I'm really looking forward to seeing how the settle and can't wait for Saturday.
Correct ,
loved him and he was the best player at TGI Fridays I ever met. He dated my girlfriends cousin and was a big mate for a couple of three years, but that was not the point.

Barney wanted him, Marshall wanted to hold on to the Daley money, so the end result was 1-0 to Barney, and the signing on the pitch did the deed.

The point is, he failed his medical, and was still signed via a neat Barney body swerve, as our record fee, so what does that say for Silva and anyone else for that matter.

Transfers simply are not that straight forward, they weren't then and if you think they are now with Mendes in the frame, well.......really.
Nope, sorry mate - I've absolutely no idea what point you're trying to make here.

I love what i have read and seen, of Bod, Tex and recently Costa, so i think it has been a good window from that point of view. the fact we have signed 13 and are only talking about 3 we know anything about makes me pause.

We could have signed 25, but until they do it, consistantly on the pitch, they are still just paper players.

For me, Saiss at DM or AN Other was essential, yet he was the last to join, a centre back and a left back were essential, I think CBJ answers one of those questions, but don't think Stears says premiership to me.

The midfield needed improvement so i was guessing maybe 5 or 6 players in total, but their came a point where i stopped reading. how many wingers do we have now when the injuries are all cleared up?

It's like going out for a night to celebrate with a lottery winner, wonderful dreams and fantasies, but in the end, just how many Cognac's can you drink?

I have always believed quality over quantity, and so far..........

And so far what? The signings haven't been quality?

I would say there are question marks over Lonergan (in fact it isn't a question with him, he isn't good enough), Silvio (fitness), Stearman (wasn't ever that good in the first place), John (never going to play) and Gladon (record doesn't look that great and mixed reports). The rest have all either shown enough already or have enough weight behind them to suggest they'll do well.

Trust me when I say Bod on his own is such an unbelievable upgrade in that role than Afobe (playing in this shape), Alfie, Sig and Mason from last year that we're already miles up. That's without taking into account anyone else. He sets the tone for how we play.

Despite the question marks Stearman & John are still upgrades on what we had last season considering they've both essentially replaced EEL & Byrne's roles in the squad.

Despite the question marks Stearman & John are still upgrades on what we had last season considering they've both essentially replaced EEL & Byrne's roles in the squad.
True. And Gladon surely can't be any worse than Siggy?

I said top 6 and couldn't say any higher because I don't really know that much about a lot of our signings. If they all click, great. We'll be laughing. But at this stage there are too many factors that I can't answer and we haven't faced that stern a test as yet. I'm really looking forward to seeing how the settle and can't wait for Saturday.

Nope, sorry mate - I've absolutely no idea what point you're trying to make here.

Langers you're being obtuse! it's simple, he failed his medical, but Barney and most everyone but Chairman Marshall at the club, and the supporters wanted him, so the goal posts were moved. The point is, he was signed by public opinion, when the original medical said no way, and at the time he was (unless I am mistaken) the biggest transfer signing in the UK.

So a few million quid for an unknown guy from Portugal for the PR feeling should not surpise anyone.

The fee for Cav is irrelevant, we all know it's Mendes placing him here (like fuck would we have a chance of signing someone like that under the normal run of things).

As I say I think Saiss and Bod are WAY more important than Ivan will prove to be, though if he fancies playing like Kightly did between 2006 and 2009 that would be fine by me.

And so far what? The signings haven't been quality?

Apart from Bod, Tex and Costa, how the FFFF would anyone know about the rest.

(Ok i will accept CBJ is not included in that)

read the comments re Ola John before he finally signed, shit i had more chance of being accepted on here as a signing, and as for Gladon......who????

From 13, I currently count five or six, at best.

Like i said when the certs get their kit off, i will get a perky.

Silvio cost nothing though in terms of transfer fee.

A low end gamble that pays out if he plays 25+ games and one that ends next summer if the gamble fails. In an era where money really isn't an issue a 1 year gamble is nothing to worry about at all.

That transfer window was the most exciting and fulfilling that I have ever experienced as a Wolves fan.

How anyone can decry it because one player with a history of injuries gets injured, is beyond me. Still everyone to their own.
You like cypro and I like Jack Daniel's.

The season will no doubt also be exciting, if you let it, and it will be interesting to see what happens. I'm really looking forward to it.

The fee for Cav is irrelevant, we all know it's Mendes placing him here (like fuck would we have a chance of signing someone like that under the normal run of things).

As I say I think Saiss and Bod are WAY more important than Ivan will prove to be, though if he fancies playing like Kightly did between 2006 and 2009 that would be fine by me.

Dan, i don't care if we nip out tommorrow and pay 40 mill for a player, who is known and worth the money. I jsut can't get horny when what i am reading on this forum about more than half of the magnificent 13 is simply Meh? or who? or is this just another B&S rumour?

I want wolves in the prem and staying in the prem without a relegation fight every season, but whilst things are moving in that direction we are still travelling on our way to the airport, and certainly no where near the first class lounge right now.

That transfer window was the most exciting and fulfilling that I have ever experienced as a Wolves fan.

How anyone can decry it because one player with a history of injuries gets injured, is beyond me. Still everyone to their own.
You like cypro and I like Jack Daniel's.

The season will no doubt also be exciting, if you let it, and it will be interesting to see what happens. I'm really looking forward to it.

That transfer window was the busiest i have ever experienced as a wolves fan.

I'm looking forward to it, but i gave up my Wolves rose tinted specs years ago.

I mentioned Silvio as one example, outside of Tex, Bod, Costa, and the Prince's ace pass, who of the others has your hair standing on end?.

Let's not forget that since last season's debacle, Mason, Wallace and Dan's pal Docherty are having surprising season's, maybe KJ has a tad more than we think to answer for.

Who is it that's anal about the squad numbers? Well, Cav has got the coveted #50 shirt...

Gone for his seasons goal target as squad number. Impressive.

True. And Gladon surely can't be any worse than Siggy?

Gladon...

TBH, he is such an unknown quantity that it's impossible to judge this transfer so early. I asked a Dutch guy (Ajax fan) about him on Quirk's forum yesterday and he didn't have much of an idea either. He thought John was a good signing for us though so maybe there's some hope there.

Silvio was signed on a 1 year contract on a free. Relatively low risk in the grand scheme. There's a decent player in there, if (& it is a big if) he can get over his injury issues.
A number of our other signings have been loans too. Again, relatively minimal risk.
A small number (Caveleira, Saiss, Bodvadarsson) have 5/4/3 year contracts (which suggests to me we're building a team around that kinda spine). The loan options have a year to prove their worth and become part of our mighty march forwards.

No doubt fosun will review this in December/January. Some loans may be ended early. Some more loans may come in, as may some signings.

Back