• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2016 Window Thread

Apart from Bod, Tex and Costa, how the FFFF would anyone know about the rest.

(Ok i will accept CBJ is not included in that)

read the comments re Ola John before he finally signed, shit i had more chance of being accepted on here as a signing, and as for Gladon......who????

From 13, I currently count five or six, at best.

Like i said when the certs get their kit off, i will get a perky.

Even if you're right 5 or 6 isn't a bad transfer window Pav.

That'll be me and now I hate him forevs.
And me but TBH it only really annoys me when they give 1-11 to someone who shouldn't have it. Irwin getting 8 being one of the worst down here. Fuck right off with that shit.

Didn't Akinbiyi take 55 at Palace with a tiny '+' in between them as he wanted 10 which was already taken?

Now that would annoy me a lot.

With that Lycan I am truly over the moon! i just can't get to Mars on the magic number 13, as i can't see how they will get enough game time.

With that Lycan I am truly over the moon! i just can't get to Mars on the magic number 13, as i can't see how they will get enough game time.

You have to take into account that we have no loan window to use this season. So if we get injuries we have to cover from what we have (no dream moves for Grant Holt this time around). If 1 or 2 of the newbies are sat on the sidelines more than on the pitch, then so be it.

Benfica have a squad of 98. They regularly sign players who never even make their bench before being moved on. That's just something I think you might have to get used to under these new owners if we're going to go down that route.

Benfica have a squad of 98. They regularly sign players who never even make their bench before being moved on. That's just something I think you might have to get used to under these new owners if we're going to go down that route.

98??????????? we'd have to use the Billy Quiet to build changing rooms.

My village team could do with 13 of those on loan tommorrow ha ha ha

This.

Whether we signed 13 or 31, it really doesn't matter as it looks like we've at least made three good signings, which is something that we all would have been elated with before Fosun took over.

Let's say the remaining ten hit a 50% success rate , roughly around what we've seen over the last few years (subjective I know so feel free to debate this), that'll be EIGHT (capitalised BBC vidiprinter style) good signings.

Now if that's not enough to get you touching yourself, I don't know what is.

That transfer window was the busiest i have ever experienced as a wolves fan.

I'm looking forward to it, but i gave up my Wolves rose tinted specs years ago.

I mentioned Silvio as one example, outside of Tex, Bod, Costa, and the Prince's ace pass, who of the others has your hair standing on end?.

I've still got my Wolves rose tinted specs. from years ago, although they have faded over time. Obviously, apart from the four you mention who have shown great promise, I haven't seen the others play yet as they are new signings.

I'm particularly looking forward to seeing Saisse and Cavaleiro and hope they can be fitted in and fit to play as early as possible, and if they are as good as their reputations suggest then it's good times ahead.
If John and CBJ can make a contribution too, whether from the bench or in a rotation system (I'm not keen), then get the injured fit over time, and we've got the decent lads from last year, and we have a good squad.

Then there's the January window................

Tony Daley allegedly failed his medical and Taylor overruled it or so the story goes.

They used to train where I used to work back then, I would sneak out sometimes to watch them train, I was shocked when I saw the state of his knees close to, like a bag of walnuts.

Tony Daley allegedly failed his medical and Taylor overruled it or so the story goes.

The then club secretary was Keith Pearson who played cricket at Milford Hall near Stafford, hence the cricket games there each pre-season. He a mate of mine that he asked for a second opinion after something showed up in the medical and Taylor’s words were "forget it, we’re signing him" and Sir Jack backed Taylor!

My only disappointment so far is that calling Borthwick-Jackson "Bojack" hasn't caught on.

And me but TBH it only really annoys me when they give 1-11 to someone who shouldn't have it. Irwin getting 8 being one of the worst down here. Fuck right off with that shit.

Didn't Akinbiyi take 55 at Palace with a tiny '+' in between them as he wanted 10 which was already taken?

Now that would annoy me a lot.
That just showed Akinbiyi to be a twat. & it didn't end up so lucky for him either.
Milan Baros wearing #5 as a forward always used to boil my piss too.

That just showed Akinbiyi to be a twat. & it didn't end up so lucky for him either.
Milan Baros wearing #5 as a forward always used to boil my piss too.

Wow....and I thought I was the boring old bastard/traditionalist

I love what i have read and seen, of Bod, Tex and recently Costa, so i think it has been a good window from that point of view. the fact we have signed 13 and are only talking about 3 we know anything about makes me pause.

We could have signed 25, but until they do it, consistantly on the pitch, they are still just paper players.

For me, Saiss at DM or AN Other was essential, yet he was the last to join, a centre back and a left back were essential, I think CBJ answers one of those questions, but don't think Stears says premiership to me.

The midfield needed improvement so i was guessing maybe 5 or 6 players in total, but their came a point where i stopped reading. how many wingers do we have now when the injuries are all cleared up?

It's like going out for a night to celebrate with a lottery winner, wonderful dreams and fantasies, but in the end, just how many Cognac's can you drink?

I have always believed quality over quantity, and so far..........

Saiss commanded a considerable fee.

Once Zenga was appointed we had to act quickly to get some bodies in their ability wasn't really relevant at that point. Using Mendes networking we were able to sign Teixera and Costa on loan and Silvio on a bosman. Bodvarsson was believed to be a million pound signing and off we went. The deals that are considerably more valuable would need considerably more negotiation hence their arrival in the latter stages of the window.

I've said it before there are parallels with McCarthy joining and having to sign the likes of Davies and Johnson in a short space of time. Unlike last time we have access to some excellent talent from one of the biggest academies/B teams in the world and to the client list of one of the biggest agents in world football so scratching around for lower league shit isn't necessary.

Back