• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2016 Window Thread

Must be a piece of piss being a journalist these days, just embed random tweets and job done.

I know! I only read as I presumed they'd asked the club, or the player, if there was a reason. But no. Too much effort I guess.

And they missed out Ola John in the list - #15

To be fair I doubt we'll see much of John anyway :)

Saiss commanded a considerable fee.

Once Zenga was appointed we had to act quickly to get some bodies in their ability wasn't really relevant at that point. Using Mendes networking we were able to sign Teixera and Costa on loan and Silvio on a bosman. Bodvarsson was believed to be a million pound signing and off we went. The deals that are considerably more valuable would need considerably more negotiation hence their arrival in the latter stages of the window.

I've said it before there are parallels with McCarthy joining and having to sign the likes of Davies and Johnson in a short space of time. Unlike last time we have access to some excellent talent from one of the biggest academies/B teams in the world and to the client list of one of the biggest agents in world football so scratching around for lower league shit isn't necessary.

I think that we've had a crossover of transfers. Yes, some are Mendes signings, quick accessible fixes. These are predominantly loans. Silvio is the exception, but he's a 1 year deal.
Bodvadarsson is (imo) a Thelwell signing. I suspect we have a dossier on him, and have kept track for a while. Saiss is possibly the same, and we now have the £££££ to go get him. Cavaleiro I guess we just had serious money available to make a significant signing of intent.

Saw that earlier. Appreciate there is little news at the mo cos of the international break, but jesus this trend of tweets making a news story annoys the hell out of me. I don't want to hear people's tweets when watching the news on TV. I don't want to read tweets when reading news articles. If I wanted to read twitter, I could do easily. If I wanted to canvas opinion limited to 143 characters, there are means to do this. Why publish it under a meaningless headline?

Looks faker than a North Korean bill of rights...

They can't under the new loan rules as far as I am aware. He is here until January.

Back