• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

if anyone offers £110m for Neves I will be staggered. I doubt anyone would bid more than £40m for him right now.

I think Juve will nbab him. Have done for a while, in fact thought he would go in January but they added Ramsey. Ruben on song is twice Ramsey

Moutinho and Patricio were our two headline signings from last summer. Neither young, about 150 caps for Portugal between them. We've moved on from taking a bit of a punt on someone like Costa and having to take Jorge's dross like Ola John as a favour.

I think Juve will nbab him. Have done for a while, in fact thought he would go in January but they added Ramsey. Ruben on song is twice Ramsey

Still not going to pay £110m for him though. He hasn't done enough to even get close for a major team to spend that much on him.

It's not Juve's business model. By and large they take players out of contract and pay them mega wages

It's not Juve's business model. By and large they take players out of contract and pay them mega wages

This. Plus they just spent an enormous amount on Ronaldo this year...haven't looked into it too much but I can't see them dropping another 100m 2 years straight

I'd be keen on a look at Adam Mooy. He'd fit both the 343 and 352 roles and would be a more capable backup for Neves in terms of passing ability. Fee and wages depending obviously, issue would be as a domestic transfer it would be hugely inflated. Talent wise though I think he is a good player with room to grow.

Mooy's 28, you'd think he'd be at his peak.

Not necessarily given his journey and how much he has improved since his initial loan. I think given sports science and coaching I think we are past the stages where you can put a clear cut off point on development.

He was the best player on the pitch when they beat us.

Every so often even a blind pig finds an acorn.

We are aiming a MILLION miles higher than Mooy to upgrade our side. Yes, he had a good day that day, but he is diametrically opposed to our standard recruitment policy.

Thomas Lemar? Fair to say things haven't gone as planned for him at Atletico but there's still a sublime player in there.

I think he might be a tad (a lot) out of our reach. He was top class for Monaco

Would be an outstanding player to play behind Jota and Jiminez.

Think it would be fair to say he'd have to be a loan if we were to inquire.

If we sell Neves it will be for at least 50m to be fair.

The transfer system must be difficult for Americans to get their heads around as the trade systems in American sports are very different.

I don't subscribe to the £110m, but he's easily worth £50m - he's a young proven international midfielder with a lot of quality. There aren't many of those around

Back