• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Not the kind of level I would want us to go for.

He's like a sub-Danny Ings.

From the quick video I watched he looks alright, a decent all rounder. obviously that's just the stuff he does well though.

A bit disappointed we missed out on konsa for 12m, but an even more risky signing for aston villa- tyrone mings on a permanent for a whooping 21m. Absolute insanity.

If Nuno wants to retain the same size of squad from last year, does it not follow that the numbers in and out (1st team squad) would be equal.
So at the moment Costa will be replaced and thats it. If another , say Cav goes then another?

If Nuno wants to retain the same size of squad from last year, does it not follow that the numbers in and out (1st team squad) would be equal.
So at the moment Costa will be replaced and thats it. If another , say Cav goes then another?

I doubt they'll put a definite number on it. I expect we will still have a relatively small squad but think there may be one or two more in number than last season.

It depends what deals they can do and also what offers we get for our players - for example Cavaleiro - at the moment it's probably best to keep him until we can find a striker or two but what happens if someone comes in with 12-14m? Probably best to sell him as you don't know if you'll get that offer again and he doesn't really fit our style.

I doubt they'll put a definite number on it. I expect we will still have a relatively small squad but think there may be one or two more in number than last season.

It depends what deals they can do and also what offers we get for our players - for example Cavaleiro - at the moment it's probably best to keep him as until we can find a striker or two but what happens if someone comes in with 12-14m? Probably best to sell him as you don't know if you'll get that offer again and he doesn't really fit our style.

Yeah I may be wrong but I am not expecting a lot of signings, but I am thinking bigger money upgrades to first team players.

That Konsa one stings a bit tbh, I don’t know if we actually wanted him but he’d have been a great signing.

Starting to worry slightly that we’ll get left behind a bit but I’m sure Nuno and his team know what they’re doing.

I'd say we didn't bid for Konsa - if we'd wanted him we're in a better position than Villa and could offer him European football, doubt he would have chosen to go there if it was a straight decision between the 2 clubs.

I'd say we didn't bid for Konsa - if we'd wanted him we're in a better position than Villa and could offer him European football, doubt he would have chosen to go there if it was a straight decision between the 2 clubs.

Could've easily picked a familiar face in Dean Smith over any other offer.

I must admit to becoming a tad concerned here.

The noises coming out of the club about the u23s being an extension and the silly prices suggest we might not actually strengthen.

The later we leave it the more likely prices will be inflated.

I can honestly see us not recruiting at the first team level

In the interests of internet big bollocks I'll donate £5 to Birmingham Children's hospital if we buy 1 or more players

Will you do the same if we don't recuit anyone first team level?

I'm in. We will sign players.

I think 0 - 2

Maybe a CM for the bench and a ST for the bench

Plus: "Recurring theme throughout the summer so far, being quoted over-inflated prices in a pretty slow market. Plan is still to bring in two or three quality first-team additions. Striker and centre half the priorities #wwfc"

Which we pretty much know.

Someone like Jonny didn't become available to us until late July - it's slow for pretty much everyone. I'm certainly not worried that we won't sign anyone at all. (As Langers says - patience!!)

Back