• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2021 transfer window

Nice little Sporting v Benfica auction would be handy if he isn’t going to feature. Saying that Johnny (when he is fit) RAN and Vinagre is a strongly stocked left back selection.

Or if finances are tight for the entire system like people are saying then keeping him and not signing Alt might be something they consider, I don't want that, but can see them looking at it. Ideally just sign Alt and keep Vinagre until Jonny is fully rehabbed.

Are we writing Marcal off completely now? Cos if not then I'm not sure we need him, Vinagre, RAN and Jonny

Also, if we're talking about fear of regression and going backwards it's worry to see contemplative posts on whether Vinagre and MGW are good enough or whether Saiss can slot into a PL midfield. It's like it's 2018...

Also, if we're talking about fear of regression and going backwards it's worry to see contemplative posts on whether Vinagre and MGW are good enough or whether Saiss can slot into a PL midfield. It's like it's 2018...
Both are probably better than they were in 2018 though?

Not Saiss though

Nice little Sporting v Benfica auction would be handy if he isn’t going to feature. Saying that Johnny (when he is fit) RAN and Vinagre is a strongly stocked left back selection.
Johnny's a good bloke but not sure he's up to playing LB. Probably a yellow or red card machine for foul and abusive language too ;)

I don't think Vinny will stay. Like Mir we have an asset that currently holds high value. 2 rare moments when the loan market has proved to be a positive for us.

Saiss, if he stays then he is a good back up as a DM. Starting him there would probably mean a poor summer from us covering a vital area.

Both are probably better than they were in 2018 though?

Not Saiss though

It's borderline delusional to think a team with those three players regularly in it next season is gonna push us farther up the table.

I think we've seen enough of Vinagre and MGW and I don't think they're suddenly going to turn into top 10 PL players. Saiss is fine in the squad.

It's borderline delusional to think a team with those three players regularly in it next season is gonna push us farther up the table.

I think we've seen enough of Vinagre and MGW and I don't think they're suddenly going to turn into top 10 PL players. Saiss is fine in the squad.
Dunno about RV, I haven't seen RV last season so no idea if he's improved or not.

MGW showed signs of being good enough.

I wouldn't want them in the starting XI though

I'd say it's also borderline delusion to think they won't progress 😉

From the various things written on Lage one of the things that stood out was on certain players their instructions are to play with freedom, take chances etc. So maybe players like MGW will step forward under this scenario. Probably a stretch but a few in our team might take a step forward if allowed to be play with freedom (big test for the others to be disciplined enough to cover mind)

From the various things written on Lage one of the things that stood out was on certain players their instructions are to play with freedom, take chances etc. So maybe players like MGW will step forward under this scenario. Probably a stretch but a few in our team might take a step forward if allowed to be play with freedom (big test for the others to be disciplined enough to cover mind)
This is something that is definitely possible. I think several of our players have not looked as good as they actually are in our conservative approach, given a bit of extra freedom and encouraged to play on the front foot could help them quite a lot.

I don't think Vinny will stay. Like Mir we have an asset that currently holds high value. 2 rare moments when the loan market has proved to be a positive for us.
Agreed. Saleable assets can be used to get players he wants without using existing funds.

Who knows if it's true, but it's the same rumour being passed around all the clickbait sites. Nobody is going now the Euro's has started, so we'll have this for the next month

I am not contemplating that, I am worried that's what going to happen more likely, although that's based on fear and everything I read about us being about selling players, funds needing to be raised.

Back