• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2021 transfer window

True. When consider getting Neves, Jota and Nuno in the championship, there's a massive benefit to the Mendes link. We've not seen transfers that 'shocking' since then really

Patricio and Moutinho were the last 2. Since it's been players we could have got anyway like Podence or kids with risky inflated fees -Neto worked out, Fabio tbc

His next tier of clients are Fernandes, Dias, Ronaldo etc who aren't coming to Wolves

Yeah I am not into the "Mendes gets us access to players we wouldn't otherwise" angle, as it seems tied in with just accepting massive double dip fees from him. Being in the prem gets you access to players, so does scouting, so does smart recruitment and analytics. The idea he is doing us some huge favour grates me a tad.

The biggest thing Mendes gives us now is he'll know all the movements and potential movements in the market and who might become available that you wouldn't expect so if we've identified a player but don't think he's available/wouldn't want to join he might just have a bit of info (player not happy with the new contract offer/clubs looking for some funds to rebuild etc) that makes a transfer possible.

Jeff Shi says Mendes is not our only source in the Transfer market.

Has played in Libertadores and probably for Colombian youth teams so I imagine he'd be OK to get one with GBE points system.

He fits the profile of other centre backs we've tried to sign by looks of it (and we keep trying to catch them early but missing out)

And it's real, Percy says nearly done for 4.5m. Interest from City, United and Brugge. Not immediate starter but expected to be around squad.

He wont get a work permit - he's got an immediate loan to Grasshoppers written all over him

Fine if we see something in him... as long as he's not our only CB signing!

it makes sense if we also sign a centre back to go into the first eleven straight away. When it comes to Afcon if Boly/Saiss are away, he should be in a position to play a couple of games if needed.

Back