• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2021 transfer window

He certainly has. Hard to say how much of that is his opinion vs what the players' thoughts are.

We do know he has the inside track with Rui though so there must be something to it.

So its safe to say the impending Sa transfer isnt impending at this stage. I hope Rui stays and great news that he will stay if Wolves want him too. Im pretty sure Lage would have Portugals number one in the sticks next season..

I do believe Rui is on the decline, but unless we're getting someone fairly special I'm happy to have him for another year, as we have more pressing areas in the team to concentrate on and it keeps the upheaval for Bruno down a little

Sounds to me like they'll sell him if the price is right and Sa has been lined up to replace.

If he stays I imagine they'll let him just leave on a free next summer.

Sounds to me like they'll sell him if the price is right and Sa has been lined up to replace.

If he stays I imagine they'll let him just leave on a free next summer.
Could the fact that Ruddy re-signing may be because of Sa coming in. I couldnt see Sonnergaard etc being number two to an unknown to the dressing room.

Could the fact that Ruddy re-signing may be because of Sa coming in. I couldnt see Sonnergaard etc being number two to an unknown to the dressing room.
I would say we have offered Ruddy a new deal (hasn't signed it yet as he?) as a bit of insurance for the summer. I wouldn't surprise me to see Ruddy sign and still leave, depending on how our business goes this summer

We may have sweetened it (little playing time etc) for Ruddy with coaching/badges opportunities or something. He'll be 35 in October. I know goalkeepers have a longer shelf life but he might already be considering post playing career.

Two of Niklas' Tweets read:

"The Wolves project was about cementing themselves as the next best team after the top 6 (Arsenal included, not Leicester). With shrewd signings the intention was then to gate crash that group and push for the CL spots within 3-5 years."

"The club wasn’t meant to fall behind the likes of West Ham, Everton, Leicester and especially not Villa, Newcastle or Leeds. Injuries, covid and many factors outside their control didn’t help at all but in the end excuses matter little. The facts are the facts."

If this correct it beggars belief that Fosun thought that building on two 7th placed finishes by replacing two first team regulars, Jota and Doherty, with Semedo, an 18 year old and two loan-to buy youngsters was the way to achieve "best of the rest".

If you're going to compete with "shrewd" signings relying on one agent and next to no recruitment team in comparison with other clubs is both arrogant and naive. The more I read and hear makes me think Nuno took us to a level we won't see again very soon, and I suspect that would have been the case if he had stayed.

It's incredibly old ground but getting rid of Doherty was not a mistake.
I agree but he worked for us and it took Semedo half a season to get up and running. My point was that overall our transfer dealings last summer were hardly those of a club desperate to achieve "best of the rest" status let alone push us on.

Tim Vickery the South American oracle says he has bags of potential but is very raw.

Tim Vickery the South American oracle says he has bags of potential but is very raw.
You could say the same for Dion and Max, and in fairness for Max he already has PL experience. We certainly need an oven ready CH.

I would say Kilman is very much at his ceiling and that's a ceiling which isn't good enough. Would never trust him in a back four, he can't jump or turn, and he's 24 so not a kid.

I would say Kilman is very much at his ceiling and that's a ceiling which isn't good enough. Would never trust him in a back four, he can't jump or turn, and he's 24 so not a kid.
Yea, but he has more experience than the new signing. It doesn't really cut it for me because we need ready players for the CH position.

I think the chance of us spending a small fortune on an oven ready CB are slim. Lage seems to have very much been brought in to develop young talent as that's his track record.

Yep those expecting some marque signings will be very disappointed.

I think the chance of us spending a small fortune on an oven ready CB are slim. Lage seems to have very much been brought in to develop young talent as that's his track record.
Then we could get some good results mixed with some proper pastings

Back