• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2021 transfer window

Well, you rarely need 40, but yeah, for a club like us that is always what you look at first, get yourself in a position where relegation isn't a serious consideration (even though we were crap last season we did that fairly early on).

People shouldn't get ahead of themselves, having silly dreams of the Champions League and such like, we're nowhere near and we haven't been at any stage under Fosun.

I'm not against signing and developing young talent to either sell on for fee/build the club on TBH. We won't attract marquee signings in our current state - anyone you could consider "marquee" at the time:

Neves - He was 21 when he signed for us so young.
Rui & Moutinho - Rui was a coup granted but a freebie. Moutinho the wrong side of 30 to attract serious interest from bigger European clubs.
Jimenez - Poor scoring record elsewhere
Semedo - Comes with critics on the defensive side of his game.

I'm not against sticking to the pool of Neto's and Silva's.

Did he? Could have sworn we pulled a fast one on that one or so was rumoured at the time... in which case, he can go down as a coup.

Then I hope we show patience. The first target is 40 points then.
We won't and neither should we. If we end up in that scenario then the Board will have brought it on themselves with the decisions they have and will make. They'd deserve roasting for it, because that's not the direction THEY think we are going in.

Initially we didn't pay anything as he'd cancelled his own contract. Once Sporting had got rid of the loon in charge and started being a normal club we did a deal with them which was fair enough for everyone.

If we were a dirtbag club like West Ham then we'd probably have tried to keep him for free and we'd still be in a court case now.

Interesting reading all his tweets from today. Puts a new light on things.

It sounded pretty much spot on for what we all thought had gone on, more of a "this just isn't working and we need a change" scenario. Good to hear the squad are still tight knit though.

It sounded pretty much spot on for what we all thought had gone on, more of a "this just isn't working and we need a change" scenario. Good to hear the squad are still tight knit though.
I was pleased to read that in bold too. I still think we have some great players. The hope is the club don't sell our best ones, and build on what we have, with a few additions. Which is what we all want.

Aaron Ramsey to wolves please, vox to box midfielder with attacking qualities 😉

Unless he really wants to leave (and he doesn't seem that arsed, he's sat there for three years without playing a league game) then they aren't just going to let him go for what they paid. They'd just need to replace him.

I'm less than convinced that Rui is actually going anyway.

I seem to recall saying there was no news or suggestions Rui wanted to leave and being told there had been rumours for months and it was good business for a keeper who was aging and wouldn't resign, when people apoligse for that I will issue apologises for the 7000 things I have gotten wrong on here...

Back