• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2021 transfer window

Neves 100% goes
Traore will depend on the fee
Take Boly away and I protest
eb96528ac6e2418f8839cf0a82c70dfd--comedy-tv-british-things.jpg

I think I said something like that previously. That's exactly how Jeff sees it, but if you are being advised by the guy who brings players in and takes them out it's not really a surprise

Everything suggests to me from the managerial appointment that we're going down a very much younger players route.

It's not uncommon for clubs on the continent to have a large turnover of playing staff in the summer window. There are hints that this may be the route we are going. Not something we're too comfortable with in England but Lage may be. Can work out but obviously often doesn't.

We just had a pretty long season even with the 'family silver' .

I agree with the general principle of not loaning players and developing them for other teams but someone like Gilmore could be an exception. If it allows us to spend elsewhere this summer and gives Vitinha (if we sign him) more time to develop.
From a financial viewpoint we won’t make any money but not a very signing leads to a profit, see Cutrone! Equally we could sign a player for £20m on a three year contract and they walk away for nothing in 3 years. We’re in a different place now and a player that improves us for a season is worth taking, after all a lot can change in a season as we saw last year.

It’s beginning to look like a summer of significant player turnover. A re-invention and the start of a new cycle. Whether that will be a good thing is definitely up for debate, but I don’t think it will be dull.

It’s beginning to look like a summer of significant player turnover. A re-invention and the start of a new cycle. Whether that will be a good thing is definitely up for debate, but I don’t think it will be dull.
Looks like our starting 11 next season will look a lot different come September . We need balance though , buying 20 year olds is fine who have great potential , but we need experienced heads too to go with them .
I'd love to see us buy at least one experienced player who can step into the team straight away and make a significant impression .

Record saying Benfica will let Gonçalo Ramos & Henrique Araújo go this summer. Would love us to get Ramos.

Fabrizio Romano
@FabrizioRomano
Roma are working to complete both Rui Patricio and Granit Xhaka deals in the next days. #ASRoma
@SkySport

José Sá will be new Wolves goalkeeper joining from Olympiacos if Rui Patricio leaves the club.

Xhaka is pushing to join Roma - #AFC working to complete the agreement.

I think I’m ready for this.

Let’s face it, with the exception of Neto, not one of our players was fantastic last season. Most were below the expectations we had for them.

We might not want to lose Neves, Rui and Traore (I’m not fussed either way) but there’s nothing to suggest there replacements would be much worse.

Maybe quite a few of our playing staff aren’t as good as we thought they were.

I think I’m ready for this.

Let’s face it, with the exception of Neto, not one of our players was fantastic last season. Most were below the expectations we had for them.

We might not want to lose Neves, Rui and Traore (I’m not fussed either way) but there’s nothing to suggest there replacements would be much worse.

Maybe quite a few of our playing staff aren’t as good as we thought they were.
The idea of starting with the same 11 as last season simply could not happen . We need freshness badly , but not just a new name , it's got to be someone that makes a positive difference .

Sounds like Benfica need to raise 70 million euros in sales by the end of the month. Ramos and Weigl please.

Back