• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2021 transfer window

Will defo have a sell on fee so hopefully he smashes it and gets bought!

How old is he now? Feels like I've been hearing his name here and there for ages.

He's 23 in September.

Had a year or two where he was a bit of a goalscoring machine for the 23s but never actually seemed that near the reckoning for the first team, even when we were rubbish.

Crazy how elite even "shit" players at this level are (generally speaking).

Of course you'll always end up with Zubar-esque players that are completely out of place, but even then they're typically still elite athletes, even if not elite footballers.

You do get exceptions. I played with Karl Henry as a kid (he's about 18 months younger than me), you would never have picked him out as a pro let alone a Premier League player, not in a million years.

Kenny has seen Leon Clarke play 5-a-side and reliably informs me that he was absolutely shit.

A mate of my Dad's used to manage Kevin Francis at not much higher than parks level, he got rid of him as he was terrible. Moved to Blues for £1m+ a few years later.

Bruno Lage has reportedly asked for the signing of young Benfica forward Henrique Araújo, as well as Goncalo Ramos who was linked last week. [source: TVI 24 via @CabineSport]

#WWFC | #Wolves https://t.co/OU3Uwqvpqx

You do get exceptions. I played with Karl Henry as a kid (he's about 18 months younger than me), you would never have picked him out as a pro let alone a Premier League player, not in a million years.

Kenny has seen Leon Clarke play 5-a-side and reliably informs me that he was absolutely shit.

A mate of my Dad's used to manage Kevin Francis at not much higher than parks level, he got rid of him as he was terrible. Moved to Blues for £1m+ a few years later.

I played in a charity match a few years ago, and Lee Carsley and Mark Clyde were playing. I'd always had Carsley down basically just a bit of a nasty cunt with an engine, and Clyde as somebody that was genuinely parks level whenever I'd watched him.

Fuck me, it was genuinely like Roy Keane and Cafu were on the pitch :LOL: The first touch and the way they protected the ball was immaculate, they were both ridiculously strong, and cleanness and power with which Carsley in particular was striking the ball was incredible. Clyde scored a goal after picking the ball up in his own box and just ran the length of the pitch, busting out stepovers and a flip-flap (?), had blokes just bastard bouncing off him. It took a good while for me to be able to shout "fucks sake you're shit" at the telly again, I'll be honest. Martin O'Connor (I think, former Blues player) was also there, and he was a genuine Rolls Royce, touch, weight of passing, everything was just top notch. It was a proper eye-opener to context of professional football, as even though they were all long retired, and professionally regarded as anywhere from 'decent' to 'complete shite', it was like they were playing a completely different game

I played with a lad at uni who'd been with Chester but got released after he had a bad injury. Out of this world, best player I've ever played alongside, he was ridiculously good.

I know what you mean Del. 18 years ago I played with a former Chinese international whilst living in Burma, who was a striker turned defender after the legs went. I still had plenty of energy back then but gosh I somehow this retired 40 year old just decided once a game on average to go on a mazy run and get us a goal. Was hilarious, never remember him speaking a word of English either but for 4 games I enjoyed playing in defence with him!

I once scored a hatful past a former u16 England goalie in a jumpers in the park game. I should have tried turning pro...

Mate played against Kenny Sansom. Said he was heavily on the Guiness before the game and was well overweight. Nobody got near him.

Mile Oak Rovers? Keith Downing played there too.

Unrelated, but what's with the overwhelming number of English clubs called something like "Rovers" or "Wanderers"?

Always riled me up when we were in the Prem alongside Bolton (and I don't have the remarkable hatred for that club that many born-and-raised Wolves' supporters seem to).

Unrelated, but what's with the overwhelming number of English clubs called something like "Rovers" or "Wanderers"?

Always riled me up when we were in the Prem alongside Bolton (and I don't have the remarkable hatred for that club that many born-and-raised Wolves' supporters seem to).
Wanderers I think comes from 'The Wanderers' who won the FA Cup a few times in its infancy. It's about travel I think. Rover is just another word for traveller.

It’s hardly an overwhelming number. 3 Wanderers in the professional pyramid. Us, Wycombe and some bunch of Northern cunts.

Rovers it’s Blackburn and Bristol and Forest Green now that Tranmere are non league.

League 2. Beat G-Nevs crew to the play offs last season (sacked their manager just before they started as well for being a bit of a twat)

Back