• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2021 transfer window

Does Ruddy staying mean Rui is going? I'm guessing they want to keep Ruddy in case the Rui replacement is awful

Does Ruddy staying mean Rui is going? I'm guessing they want to keep Ruddy in case the Rui replacement is awful
Its more ensuring the likes of Sondergaard can go out on loan rather than him being number 1. We all know if Rui goes (50/50 right now) we are signing another to replace him

Nah. Just 1) you don't want to have to sign two keepers in a summer if you can help it (ideally we'll sign 0 and keep what we have) and 2) neither Sarkic nor Sondergaard are ready to be the the back up.

I get that Ruddy is apparently good around the place but imo the current version of Ruddy is not an adequate backup keeper at this level. Hopefully we never have to find out if I am correct.

Last edited:
Liverpool have Adrian (and used Lonners) and now rely on a young Irish lad. Burnley have Peacock-Farrell who is shit but classed better than Will Norris by them.

Not many teams have decent back ups. I wouldn't want Chelsea's for example and he cost more than £70m. Ruddy is fine, prone to an error but he plays a game every 3 months at the moment. Its one of those positions where you are either using an older keeper or a young breakthrough. Only a few clubs where they can heavily rely on their back up keeper in a long term emergency

Corriere Dello Sport reporting that Rui to Roma is about done

Thought it was just me that thought Ruddy was good enough back up
It all depends on what you need the backup to be. Fabio would have been decent backup for Raul last season if it meant cup games, the odd injury and the last 10 minutes of games we had in the bag (yeah, I know). He wasn't decent backup to be the main man for 3/4 of the season.

Ruddy falls into the same box, but as Kenny says not many clubs have a really good number 2 and if they do he'll want out before long

Depends what they mean by bonuses. If it's x number of appearances etc then should be relatively straightforward (although I would never totally rule out Jose pulling some kind of fuckery like dropping him with a couple games left)

Doncaster rovers ...
It’s hardly an overwhelming number. 3 Wanderers in the professional pyramid. Us, Wycombe and some bunch of Northern cunts.

Rovers it’s Blackburn and Bristol and Forest Green now that Tranmere are non league.

I'm concerned with Sa that if you take out his appearances for B teams, he turns 29 during the coming season and has only just scraped over 100 league appearances. No caps. Most of those appearances are in the Greek league which is shit, and he's playing for the best team by a mile and will have nothing to do in a lot of games.

That isn't what I want to replace Portugal's number one.

I'm concerned with Sa that if you take out his appearances for B teams, he turns 29 during the coming season and has only just scraped over 100 league appearances. No caps. Most of those appearances are in the Greek league which is shit, and he's playing for the best team by a mile and will have nothing to do in a lot of games.

That isn't what I want to replace Portugal's number one.
As I said on another thread though the no caps thing might go hand in hand with the league he plays in, how is the national manager meant to judge him against the other keepers when he's playing in the Greek League?

Back