• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2021 transfer window

I still want Dragowski rather than Sa. Romano is accurate but only where he types here we go.

I would prefer Danny Ward instead of Sa if we can get him of course

I'm concerned with Sa that if you take out his appearances for B teams, he turns 29 during the coming season and has only just scraped over 100 league appearances. No caps. Most of those appearances are in the Greek league which is shit, and he's playing for the best team by a mile and will have nothing to do in a lot of games.

That isn't what I want to replace Portugal's number one.
Amazingly he is a busy keeper, so much so they call him the wall. Olympiacos fans were amazed he wasn't sold last season...but Jorge had other ideas.

Roma wouldn’t agree a salary with us. They would agree it with Rui. So it’s not salary at all.

I'm not against selling Rui, he's not giving us value for his wages really, but I'm not particularly impressed that we're replacing him with some chap who's spent the last decade not even playing second fiddle to him, but like 5th. In much the same way as I wouldn't fancy us spending Summer '23, trading Raul in and replacing him Mexico's 5th best striker.

Obviously he might be fucking brilliant, and the next few years might be completely at odds with his career trajectory, but it doesn't seem like we're playing those odds, on the face of it

I'm not against selling Rui, he's not giving us value for his wages really, but I'm not particularly impressed that we're replacing him with some chap who's spent the last decade not even playing second fiddle to him, but like 5th. In much the same way as I wouldn't fancy us spending Summer '23, trading Raul in and replacing him Mexico's 5th best striker.

Obviously he might be fucking brilliant, and the next few years might be completely at odds with his career trajectory, but it doesn't seem like we're playing those odds, on the face of it

Raul had a similar career, when we signed him I'm sure a lot of people were saying " what we signing him for?, never heard of him, can't get in the benfica side, he'll be shit" he turned out OK

He was replacing Leo, so similar standard...

Said previously international call ups can sometimes be a twat when judging a player. Even more so when it's a keeper. Personally would rather Rui stayed but if he is going I am OK with Sa (I have probably seen him play more than Ward to be honest and I am not fully sold on him, some decent saves but some dodgy foot work at times, avoid his coach I say 👀)

Apparently Lage doesn't want him to leave, so we will see who is playing the tune after the Euros. On the upside it seems we will have about 6 goalkeepers by the start of the season if rumours are to be believed. :rolleyes:

Yet his mate still saying nothing agreed. I presume Jorge Mendes running everything while Rui is concentrating on the Euros then will nod at the pay rise and take his abilities to Roma.

It's down to Roma essentially. They pay what we want (£12m?) then off he pops. They don't then he stays here.

Back