• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2021 transfer window

I don't disagree that he's a top keeper, but for me, i'd prefer a keeper who commanded his box more - coming out and taking crosses and corners in Matt Murray style.

I’d love an Ederson style keeper more, but those cost a fair bit. I’d be happy enough to keep Patricio but Sá seems ok too.

From the keepers linked, Dragowski is my preferred choice. Massive talent and could be one of the best keeper in the world in a few years time. Now's the time to get him or he'll be out of our reach in a year or two.

Have to trust Romano, though, and if he is saying it will be Sa, it will be Sa.

Reactions: jlo
This reads to me like Ruddy has been told he has a chance to be number 1. Doesn't mean he does, just that he thinks he does.

This reads to me like Ruddy has been told he has a chance to be number 1. Doesn't mean he does, just that he thinks he does.

Just justifying to himself why he has stayed for the extra money rather than jump down a level or 2 and take a paycut

Higher profile move, guess that's ronaldo, how hard can it be to sell Wolverhampton to him?
We know Vinagre is moving, that's not really news

Higher profile move, guess that's ronaldo, how hard can it be to sell Wolverhampton to him?
We know Vinagre is moving, that's not really news
He means Neves.

He said the higher profile move is nothing to do with Wolves

I don't know any Wolves players and I am whole 1% more certain than Nikkyboy that Neves is leaving us

Of course he's leaving. He came for the project, along with a few others. That project sailed a while back, and no doubt others will sail with it.
The people in charge dropped a massive bollock with all this shit, and we are for sure going to find out how much soon. Everything i've seen in the transfer rumours/news says we ain't getting anyone that is an upgrade on players that leave. You sell good PL players at your peril if you are replacing them with kids and downgrades.
Lage is a yes man no doubt imo, as we will see with the Rui departure..

Neves came to make his name in England. We could have easily lost him from the moment we got to the Prem. Him leaving is just the nature of how these signings will work. Jota came to make his name and joined the Champions of England. Neves is the next off the rank to go, no one should be surprised he is leaving. The only thing will be getting a decent fee for him
Rui going is simple economics - 1 year left, so if someone offers what we think is good value we will take that rather than £0 next summer.

No one has a clue who we are signing and what they will do. Guessing they are shit or downgrades is pointless. Who on here when Nuno took over thought Coady would be a key player and go on to play for England (and even wear the captans armband for them)....anyone??? no. Who on here thought we would sell Doc for £9m+£6m to Jorge after impressing the Prem...again, anyone?. Just let it play out, if Jeff has got it wrong then so be it and the reaction he gets will be valid but I can't buy this "we have royally fucked up" before anything has even happened, outside of Nuno leaving and not 1 single ball kicked in anger.

Who on here thought we would sell Doc for £9m+£6m to Jorge after impressing the Prem...again, anyone?
Definitely, always rated that lad.

I don't think it's unfair to say that Sa is an objective downgrade on Rui. One has nearly 100 caps, the other has 0 and they're from the same country. Rui has nearly as many Wolves league appearances as Sa has in his whole career once you take out B teams.

Until he actually plays for us, no clue really. I've seen players sign for club who were an upgrade or a ridiculous fee and flop and I have seen players you would think are a step down or a "who da hell is dat" and actually be a top signing.

If we sold Rui and got Ward in for a similar fee I'd be on board. Just don't fancy this guy at all.

Similarly massively not sold on Ward. People kept talking about Rui being old at 33, but Ward is 28 and played about 70games from the looks of it.

Back