• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2021 transfer window

First keeper we've been linked with who I wouldn't view as a downgrade on Rui.

Big presence, world class shot stopper and looks like Mr Tumnus which is always a positive quality in a goalkeeper.

Seem to be rumours about Julian Weigl from Benfica gathering a bit of traction.

B6F6D03F-D50A-4D6A-A71E-F0D4875F6930.jpeg
Yes please. Not bothered about it being a loan.

It’s a little sad that we’re reliant on the Athletic’s Norwich correspondent to tell who Wolves might be looking at signing…

Tbf he's written a piece on Norwich with one line on Wolves potentially being interested because they are in the market for a midfielder.

As a footballer Gilmour would be a yes, signing players on loan without the chance of keeping them feels like a backwards step for the club though

We keep shit quiet. That’s the way.

Although this summer is ridiculous levels of rumours. Kiao Jorge, Dragowski, the young Benfica striker, Weigl, Gilmour would be some tasty business.

Tbf he's written a piece on Norwich with one line on Wolves potentially being interested because they are in the market for a midfielder.

As a footballer Gilmour would be a yes, signing players on loan without the chance of keeping them feels like a backwards step for the club though
Signing anyone, even if it's a loan, which means we have a better season is a good thing in my book.

Don't understand this at all. By this logic if we got Mbappe on loan for a year with no option it'd be a backward step.

Don't understand this at all. By this logic if we got Mbappe on loan for a year with no option it'd be a backward step.
Since Fosun have come in they have always said they want to develop their own players, not those from other teams. We won't bring players in who can't grow with Wolves or words of that ilk. Therefore this would be a change of direction.

I'll treat your Mbappe point in the facetious way it was meant

Nikolas
@NikolasAlek

·4m

Domino pieces are in position. Wolves are leaning on selling now. His contract’s up next year and Roma’s offer is good. Rui again reiterated he’ll only finalise his future after Portugal are done in the Euros. Anyone claiming he’s signed anything is lying.
Sá will indeed be the replacement in case he goes. That one’s ready to go, no issues from any of the three parties. Lower fee than Wolves would get for Rui.
Rui mentioned club ownership used the expression ‘end of a cycle’ when talking about the team under Nuno. Expect more departures. On the flip side, Mendes is active in bringing more clients over to Wolves. Might have a name confirmed by the end of the week.

Since Fosun have come in they have always said they want to develop their own players, not those from other teams. We won't bring players in who can't grow with Wolves or words of that ilk. Therefore this would be a change of direction.

I'll treat your Mbappe point in the facetious way it was meant

Change of direction doesn't equal backwards step. The Mbappe point was appealing to the extreme but I wasn't being facetious.

Change of direction doesn't equal backwards step. The Mbappe point was appealing to the extreme but I wasn't being facetious.
Personally I think it is in terms of club ethos

Anyway, too much discussion over a throwaway line from a Norwich reporter as it's highly likely to be rubbish

Back