• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2021 transfer window

I just don’t get it with Fabio - and I know he’s young.

But even a half decent 18 year old has something?

This kid is ridiculously slow, no strength, can’t head, his touch is nowhere near as good as some have made out and his finishing looks crap.

I want him to be brilliant, obviously.

I just think that - surely - if he was going to be even half decent, we’d be able to see something......anything?

Hes 18, he’s not 7.

Do 18 year olds get quicker, for example?

I just don’t get it with Fabio - and I know he’s young.

But even a half decent 18 year old has something?

This kid is ridiculously slow, no strength, can’t head, his touch is nowhere near as good as some have made out and his finishing looks crap.

I want him to be brilliant, obviously.

I just think that - surely - if he was going to be even half decent, we’d be able to see something......anything?

Hes 18, he’s not 7.

Do 18 year olds get quicker, for example?
Not particularly, but Kane isn't quick, Shearer wasn't quick post injury. Pace is the part I'm least worried about although obviously it would be nice if he had it

Yep. None of SEB, Fletcher or Raul are quick. Our best three forwards of the last few years.

What were they doing when they were 18 out of interest?

Yep. None of SEB, Fletcher or Raul are quick. Our best three forwards of the last few years.

Agreed, fair enough (Although Raul is quite quick).

But they obviously had other attributes.

Fabio might in the future, granted.

But, at the moment, for me, he looks absolutely awful in every footballing discipline.

My opinion, of course.

Do you reckon if we’d have offered £20m they’d have said no? How could they have? (apparently desperate for cash, normally means you get less than market rate not considerably more!).

In the hypothetical world he’s worth £50m (current day value) in 3 years, we’ve merely broken even, that’s not a good return on your investment for the exposure you put in.

Like I’ve said before, there’s no reason to pay what we did other than incompetence or there’s something else to it. I’m fine with the second one as thats what we’ve signed up for and we’ve more than benefitted from it.

Well they had lowered their asking for him already hadn't they (plus he had a mental release clause - as they usually do) so I doubt it they would have accepted £20m.

I don't really understand your second point but might be me being thick.

If he is still here in 5 years time and scoring a healthy amount, it's good business. If he goes for a big fee before that (very unlikely), it's also money well spent. I don't think it is as bad a deal as people are making out, it's just a lot for an unproven 18 year old at the time, that's the risk we are taking.

Agreed, fair enough (Although Raul is quite quick).

But they obviously had other attributes.

Fabio might in the future, granted.

But, at the moment, for me, he looks absolutely awful in every footballing discipline.

My opinion, of course.
None of Raul, SEB or Fletcher (or Kane for that matter) were playing at this level - comparisons with them is unfair. They were all playing in their own country and were still a few years from establishing themselves. There are very few teenagers, particularly strikers, who transition immediately from youth level to senior level yet that seems to be the expectation for Silva for no other reason than his price tag.

Well they had lowered their asking for him already hadn't they (plus he had a mental release clause - as they usually do) so I doubt it they would have accepted £20m.

I don't really understand your second point but might be me being thick.

If he is still here in 5 years time and scoring a healthy amount, it's good business. If he goes for a big fee before that (very unlikely), it's also money well spent. I don't think it is as bad a deal as people are making out, it's just a lot for an unproven 18 year old at the time, that's the risk we are taking.
I think what he's trying to say if he's worth 50 mil in three years we break even financially, irrespective of whatever he achieves for the club or any assistance in league / cup position or goals to achieve that price tag

But Fabio is also not able to score

you see this problem now? If he had taken the chances he has had then absolutely no fucker talks like this, but he has missed chances that 99% of premier league centre forwards gobble up

None of Raul, SEB or Fletcher (or Kane for that matter) were playing at this level - comparisons with them is unfair. They were all playing in their own country and were still a few years from establishing themselves. There are very few teenagers, particularly strikers, who transition immediately from youth level to senior level yet that seems to be the expectation for Silva for no other reason than his price tatag.
This is becoming another of those circular discussions, but none of those were bought for £35m so the comparisons are unfair from that perspective aswell

you see this problem now? If he had taken the chances he has had then absolutely no fucker talks like this, but he has missed chances that 99% of premier league centre forwards gobble up
I don't think Fabio is ready but what you've written there is bollocks.

He has 4 goals this season and the finish against the Albion was a good one.

Looking at the Leicester chance again, it's a bloody good save from Schmeichel and whilst he should do better he gets the shot on target and I've seen top class forwards fuck up easier chances (the great sir Les missing from inside the 6yd box).

Which chances?

Because earlier I think I saw Champions League winner Roberto Firmino miss an easier chance against the same goalkeeper that Fabio had the "unmissable" one against last week.

Leave the miserable clique to wank themselves stupid about how clever they are while they destroy a good forum. Fuck them.

Which chances?

Because earlier I think I saw Champions League winner Roberto Firmino miss an easier chance against the same goalkeeper that Fabio had the "unmissable" one against last week.
Does that cunt play for Wolves? No ?
Irrelevant

Fabio is our record signing. EVER

He needs to start playing like it

Back