• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2021 transfer window

Ok, I think this is where we are.

When you've put down whatever it is in your hand and settled down, we can talk. Because you wouldn't normally talk like that to me.

Until then, bis später.

Guess what. You think Fabio is great. I think he is an utter waste of money . He may come good. I doubt it. But that’s what a forum is about. Different opinions.

Guess what. I have been wrong before in my life. I may be wrong about this

No one thinks Fabio is great right now. No one.

Fuck me yet more posts about Fabio.

He is not Quick we all agree.
He is as Quick as Raul is, Shearer, and Ferdinand were, he is quicker than Sheringham.

His movement is top draw, he has a nack which cannot be taught.
His finishing is Very Good
His touch is good

His hold up play is not good
He is not Strong
The last 2 can be improved by experience and coaching.

Ok, I think this is where we are.

When you've put down whatever it is in your hand and settled down, we can talk. Because you wouldn't normally talk like that to me.

Until then, bis später.
Actually, this conversation has made me want to hit my wine cellar. So tonight Matthew I want to be stellenbosch 1996 at 100 a bottle . Glue Glug

He is as Quick as Raul is, Shearer, and Ferdinand were, he is quicker than Sheringham.

His touch is good

He is not Strong
Nope. He is one paced, weak and can’t finish most of the time. I have seen enough. Unless he performs a 180 in three months he will be an awful waste of money when those funds should have been better spent

ready to defend pellets!

His touch is good

He is not Strong
I must disagree
He can’t finish
He has missed about 80% of the chances he had had and he has scored a penalty and a decent finish from five yards when losing to the team second from bottom.
He appears to have a good footballing brain, agreed but he was not bought for that. He is not at present up to standard. I don’t think he will ever be. Bang average at best .

Most of this stuff is nonsense. 18 year old strikers aren't regularly thrust into the spotlight as the only fit striker for a team in one of the toughest leagues in the world.

Ryan Sessegnon has 2 goals in 41 games.
Troy Parrott has 0 from 2 games.
Martinelli had 3 goals in 14 games.
Reiss Nelson has 1 goal from 22 games.
Mason Greenwood is the outlier with 10 goals in 31 games last season, though he had long spells of starting games, in a team that creates lots of chances. This season he has 1 goal in 17 games now he's in and out of the side again.
Nketiah is 21 and still only has 3 goals in his last 27 PL games, despite playing a lot of football and banging them in for England U21s on a regular basis.

Silva has 2 goals in 17 games but could easily have had one or two more. And remember he's only had one spell in the team where he started a few games on the trot. And all those other clubs had their senior strikers fit so there was a lot less pressure on them to perform.

He's the most expensive player out of that lot for sure, but if a Bundesliga club were to buy any of them outright, then they'd all easily go for £20m+ right now. So we overpaid a bit, but only to get ahead of the competition, and for a player the scouting team believe will be worth 2-3 times that in 5 years time.

Ultimately, did we pay too much for him? Probably. Is he going to be a good player? Probably. Is he going to score more than 3 goals this season? Probably not now Jose is here. Is this argument going to go on for the next few seasons? Definitely.

Nope. He is one paced, weak and can’t finish most of the time. I have seen enough. Unless he performs a 180 in three months he will be an awful waste of money when those funds should have been better spent

ready to defend pellets!
No pace agreed, oh the Boy can finish..

I said this on another post
I have seen every training session they have done over in Marbella.....

One of my biggest crticism of the players, is lack of Finishing in Training, I have seen Neto, Traore, Raul, Neves, Mout, and many more miss simple chances. That has been obvious in matches. If you cannot finish in training your not going to finish in matches.

I have seen several Training Videos showing Silva, and a couple showing Willian, both of those dont fucking miss.

They hit the target every single time, that save by Schmeical for Leicester was superb, and was like watching his Father.

As he gets older more experienced his conversion rate will improve.

Watching his games at the moment, he has had 4 what I would call class 1 chances

Header he got all wrong
Leicester
WBA *2
1 goal scored
2 on Target
1 complete air kick

He has had probably 5 decent chances.
He has hit the target 5 out of 7, missing against Villa side netting and the header.

His decent chances have been fashioned because of his movement, his shot against Villa being a prime example.

No forward scores 100%, I have seen Bully miss some sitters, Kane, Lineker, Shearer, Owen, Rush etc all missed chances.

For me the biggest plus for him is he is getting chances because of Movement, he seems to always be in the right place in the box, that cannot be coached.

Admittedly at a much lower level, a pal of mine after i had scored my 25th of the season before Xmas asked how the fuck the ball dropped to me in the box, i did not have a fking clue, I just sometimes stood still and the ball came to me.

Read some stuff by Lineker, Shearer and others about the art of being a centre forward, you cannot coach that, and trust me I have tried when I was coaching kids, I taught him to move along the Line bending the run to stay onside, he got really good at that.
In.the box he just did not have the knack of being in the right place.

Silva does have it.

At some point in the next 6 years, Silva will be in the running for Golden Boot, hopefully in the Prem with us.

No pace agreed, oh the Boy can finish..

I said this on another post
I have seen every training session they have done over in Marbella.....

One of my biggest crticism of the players, is lack of Finishing in Training, I have seen Neto, Traore, Raul, Neves, Mout, and many more miss simple chances. That has been obvious in matches. If you cannot finish in training your not going to finish in matches.

I have seen several Training Videos showing Silva, and a couple showing Willian, both of those dont fucking miss.

They hit the target every single time, that save by Schmeical for Leicester was superb, and was like watching his Father.

As he gets older more experienced his conversion rate will improve.

Watching his games at the moment, he has had 4 what I would call class 1 chances

Header he got all wrong
Leicester
WBA *2
1 goal scored
2 on Target
1 complete air kick

He has had probably 5 decent chances.
He has hit the target 5 out of 7, missing against Villa side netting and the header.

His decent chances have been fashioned because of his movement, his shot against Villa being a prime example.

No forward scores 100%, I have seen Bully miss some sitters, Kane, Lineker, Shearer, Owen, Rush etc all missed chances.

For me the biggest plus for him is he is getting chances because of Movement, he seems to always be in the right place in the box, that cannot be coached.

Admittedly at a much lower level, a pal of mine after i had scored my 25th of the season before Xmas asked how the fuck the ball dropped to me in the box, i did not have a fking clue, I just sometimes stood still and the ball came to me.

Read some stuff by Lineker, Shearer and others about the art of being a centre forward, you cannot coach that, and trust me I have tried when I was coaching kids, I taught him to move along the Line bending the run to stay onside, he got really good at that.
In.the box he just did not have the knack of being in the right place.

Silva does have it.

At some point in the next 6 years, Silva will be in the running for Golden Boot, hopefully in the Prem with us.
I will gladly eat humble pie if he does. You also see him in training. Why is he not transferring it to the pitch?

Most of this stuff is nonsense. 18 year old strikers aren't regularly thrust into the spotlight as the only fit striker for a team in one of the toughest leagues in the world.

Ryan Sessegnon has 2 goals in 41 games.
Troy Parrott has 0 from 2 games.
Martinelli had 3 goals in 14 games.
Reiss Nelson has 1 goal from 22 games.
Mason Greenwood is the outlier with 10 goals in 31 games last season, though he had long spells of starting games, in a team that creates lots of chances. This season he has 1 goal in 17 games now he's in and out of the side again.
Nketiah is 21 and still only has 3 goals in his last 27 PL games, despite playing a lot of football and banging them in for England U21s on a regular basis.

Silva has 2 goals in 17 games but could easily have had one or two more. And remember he's only had one spell in the team where he started a few games on the trot. And all those other clubs had their senior strikers fit so there was a lot less pressure on them to perform.

He's the most expensive player out of that lot for sure, but if a Bundesliga club were to buy any of them outright, then they'd all easily go for £20m+ right now. So we overpaid a bit, but only to get ahead of the competition, and for a player the scouting team believe will be worth 2-3 times that in 5 years time.

Ultimately, did we pay too much for him? Probably. Is he going to be a good player? Probably. Is he going to score more than 3 goals this season? Probably not now Jose is here. Is this argument going to go on for the next few seasons? Definitely.
Greenwood is a good example here too. Wildly over performed his xG last season, had he scored the 3/4 he should have, it wouldn’t make him any less an exciting talent. Just as if Fabio had 10 from the same chances this season, it wouldn’t make him an immediate superstar.

I will gladly eat humble pie if he does. You also see him in training. Why is he not transferring it to the pitch?
1 in 5 at the start of your career is not bad, also he has not exactly had a great deal of Luck, see Danny Ings last Thursday, sometimes they hit the keepers leg and fly in, sometimes they dont.

I dont know the guy or what goes on behind the scenes, but 1 can only imagine the pressure he feels as an 18 year old massive Price tag, replacing Jiminez, in the worlds toughest league., it looks to me that he just snatched at a couple, as I said, all forwards do.

Confidence is the main thing about Strikers, score 2 or 3 in succession, you think you will never miss you relax and instinctively finish.

Go a few games without a goal, and suddenly you try almost to hard, try and make, sure tighten up, suddenly your shots are centimetres to close to the keeper and he makes the save. Instead of going for the corner away from the keeper your concentrating on hitting the target, other times the keeper just pulls one out the top draw.

His finish against the Albion, was a superb finish, relaxed passed it into the bottom corner.
The Leicester one he tried to go under Schmeichel, it just flicked his boot and it was a corner.

I have no doubt the boy will score lots of goals

Apparently we're signing Aleksander Buksa in July.....me neither

Back