• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2021 transfer window

So you are just guessing based on a few highlight clips. I've seen him a good amount of times, he scored against other very poor sides. I'd class the majority of the sides he scored against as the equivalent of a good Championship teams.
Scored a hattrick then was utterly woeful in the semi.

Willian Jose has consistently scored similar amounts in Spain but isn't suited to the football over here and neither is Mir.

Finally, I said he was like Moore in style probably a bit better.
i) And as i said, regardless of who he was playing against, he was also playing in with poor teammates in a team that ultimately got relegated.

ii) "Scored a hattrick then was utterly woeful in the semi." Being crap in the next game erases any prior achievements?

iii) Also something else i find odd, saying he isn't suited to football over here, but comparing him to Moore, who is a quintessential "British centre forward" is he not?

He may not have been suited to English football, but that isn't the argument, you're saying he is/was worth 5million.

People acting like 29 year old Danny Ings is old in the same week that 34 year old Vardy scored a superb winner against us and looked significantly quicker than any of our defenders. I think we need an entire supporters body reshape on the thinking of age as it seems like with the advancements in footy as an industry is prolonging many of them.

People acting like 29 year old Danny Ings is old in the same week that 34 year old Vardy scored a superb winner against us and looked significantly quicker than any of our defenders. I think we need an entire supporters body reshape on the thinking of age as it seems like with the advancements in footy as an industry is prolonging many of them.
That's a fair point, particularly when you look at people like Ronaldo, Joao and Messi.

Although the other end of the scale is the likes of Rooney being pretty much finished at 30.

Do you think Silva was good value?
Imagine if Silva is still at Wolves in 5 years time and has scored 150 goals, now imagine someone offered you the opportunity go back in time and cancel his transfer for £35m, would you take it?

*I don't think Silva will score 150 goals

That's a fair point, particularly when you look at people like Ronaldo, Joao and Messi.

Although the other end of the scale is the likes of Rooney being pretty much finished at 30.

I mean you are comparing Ronaldo who basically looks like a WWE wrestler mixed with a mythical god, to a guy who constantly looked like the body of a potato! but I get your point! :LOL:

i) And as i said, regardless of who he was playing against, he was also playing in with poor teammates in a team that ultimately got relegated.

ii) "Scored a hattrick then was utterly woeful in the semi." Being crap in the next game erases any prior achievements?

iii) Also something else i find odd, saying he isn't suited to football over here, but comparing him to Moore, who is a quintessential "British centre forward" is he not?

He may not have been suited to English football, but that isn't the argument, you're saying he is/was worth 5million.

Kieffer moore scored 20 last year against similar quality teams yet you are dismissive of him and not Mir.

He's not suited to Premier League football, neither is Moore because they are both limited footballers who bar getting on the end of stuff and putting themselves about a bit offer not much else.

I said I'd be happy with 5m as that's what I'd have been happy for us to pay if we had signed him from another club based on the situation. It's impossible to give what someone is worth, I don't think Silva is worth 35m, similarly I think Raul is worth at least double what we paid for him but they are opinions.

At least my opinion is based on actually watching the bloke play in full about 6/7 times rather than the equivalent of a 5 min YouTube video.

The money we got for Mir is fine considering how long he had left on his contract and that he had zero intention of signing another one.

He had one half decent season in Spain after failing miserably at Forest. Clearly England doesn't suit him and everybody knew it.

You seem to be missing the point that Silva was €35m and Mir was €2m.
Nice ninja edit by the way!

I've not missed that at all I just find it a bit laughable that Mir is now considered better than Silva was!

Fabio Silva at 18 got a goal or assist every 0.46 games

Rafa Mir at 23 got a goal or assist every 0.44 games

At 18 Rafa Mir wasn't even playing

This is in their respective leagues.

Please tell me again how Rafa Mir is better or a better prospect

Mir and silva had very similar xG per 90s last season. Mir played overdouble the minutes, I’d back Fabio to get a similar ish goal return even though he’s several years younger.

we’ve got a good fee for Mir considering. And we are in a position where we’ve invested a lot in Fabio (I’m not getting into the tedious over paid argument - he’s here to stay) and he’s definitely worth pursuing with because he has the tools to be an extremely good goalscorer

Back