• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2021 transfer window

Tammy is a good goal scorer tbf.

different styles but Silva is similar in that he will largely just be a penalty box player. Probably better link up play but not as quick as Abraham.

Exactly this. Also depends on the buying club.

one was a 17 year old potential future star with other clubs monitoring him whilst the other is 23 in last year of contract?
Why do you keep repeating Jeff's superstar comment?

Nobody bar FM players and Porto fans knew who Silva was before we bought him. And only one set of those people have seen him play.

Abraham, who is a decent PL player, is a proven goalscorer at PL and international level. Fabio wasn't when we bought him. There's a huge difference between the two players.

One thing I think we can agree on is that Fabio needs to add better hold-up play to his repertoire or else we will be taking a loss on him sooner than later.

How many Champions League teams did Moore play against last season?

Not sure on the relevance?

I know lads who have played against champions League teams, I wouldn't want them playing for wolves though.

we signed neves for 15 million. Newcastle signed shelvey for 12million, I’d say there’s more than 3million difference between the two, personally
We did far better than Newcastle there I agree.

Which is why Roma, Villa and others who have spent less money on strikers have got better value for money than we have with Silva.

Nobody bar FM players and Porto fans knew who Silva was before we bought him. And only one set of those people have seen him play.

Abraham, who is a decent PL player, is a proven goalscorer at PL and international level. Fabio wasn't when we bought him. There's a huge difference between the two players.
How many PL goals had Abraham scored before his 19th Bday?

I thought there were lots of teams monitoring him? Or have I dreamt that

He isn't shite, that's just silly. He isn't good enough for Chelsea nor better than Jiminez. He is better than Silva who cost the same money.
He is shite. He traps it further than he can kick it.

Tuchel sussed him very quickly.

I thought there were lots of teams monitoring him? Or have I dreamt that
His youth goal record is outrageous. Anyone working in recruitment at a big club will have been monitoring, for sure.

we are just going to have to wait and see. I think at worst he’s going to be a pretty reliable goal scorer

Not sure on the relevance?

I know lads who have played against champions League teams, I wouldn't want them playing for wolves though.
Well you reckon Moore and Mir scored against equal calibre teams last year. Well Moore had upto 46 games against sides of a fairly similar standard, Mir had at least 8 games against far superior standard teams who played in the Champions League last year.

Hardly apples with apples as you liked to make out.

Well you reckon Moore and Mir scored against equal calibre teams last year. Well Moore had upto 46 games against sides of a fairly similar standard, Mir had at least 8 games against far superior standard teams who played in the Champions League last year.

Hardly apples with apples as you liked to make out.

How is that relevant to him scoring pretty much exclusively against sides in the bottom half, bar a penalty against Barcelona?

Are you saying that just playing against a good side but doing nothing of note in the game is somehow a positive? Huge, if true.

Exactly, if someone gave you the opportunity to sign Kane as an 18 year old for 35m, would you take it?
At the time no, in fact I know for an absolute fact he was almost sold to Millwall for £500k.

The similarities to Fabio are that lots of people thought he was too slow, not tall or strong enough, even when he'd battered goals in for fun at a lower level.

Vardy was released and Ings was playing for Dorchester at 18.

You can't predict the future like that unless you can time travel and you know something we don't.

Anyway, this started because I thought we shouldn't be spending our transfer budget on a future punt and then plead poverty the next season.

How is that relevant to him scoring pretty much exclusively against sides in the bottom half, bar a penalty against Barcelona?

Are you saying that just playing against a good side but doing nothing of note in the game is somehow a positive? Huge, if true.

No but him having significantly less games against the poor sides compared to Moore playing a full season against them will obviously impact on their performance across the whole season.

Let's look at it another way. Moore played in the 8th best team in the league last year so would've played for the stronger team in most games, bagged over 20 goals. Mir played in the 18th best side in his league, almost always on the weaker side but still got into double figures, despite your claim that he may as well not have bothered in at least those 8 games against the CL sides. Take a look at the bottom 5 from the Championship last year, only one team had their top scorer get to double figures.

So even sticking with your farcical notion that La Liga is in some way comparable to Championship, please kids stop laughing at the back, Mir out performed his peers in a comparable situation. I've not watched him in 6-7 full games though so what do I know?

So, to surmise todays chat:

Sold Mir for about his value
Sold OO (sorry DW) for about his value
Probably overpaid for Fabio but maybe we haven't if you guess how good he might be in 5 years time.

Back