• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2021 transfer window

So, to surmise todays chat:

Sold Mir for about his value
Sold OO (sorry DW) for about his value
Probably overpaid for Fabio but maybe we haven't if you guess how good he might be in 5 years time.
Perfect đź‘Ś

At the time no, in fact I know for an absolute fact he was almost sold to Millwall for ÂŁ500k.

The similarities to Fabio are that lots of people thought he was too slow, not tall or strong enough, even when he'd battered goals in for fun at a lower level.

Vardy was released and Ings was playing for Dorchester at 18.

You can't predict the future like that unless you can time travel and you know something we don't.

Anyway, this started because I thought we shouldn't be spending our transfer budget on a future punt and then plead poverty the next season.
I agree on this part

So, to surmise todays chat:

Sold Mir for about his value
Sold OO (sorry DW) for about his value
Probably overpaid for Fabio but maybe we haven't if you guess how good he might be in 5 years time.
And we got a better deal for neves than Newcastle did for Shelvey

No but him having significantly less games against the poor sides compared to Moore playing a full season against them will obviously impact on their performance across the whole season.

Let's look at it another way. Moore played in the 8th best team in the league last year so would've played for the stronger team in most games, bagged over 20 goals. Mir played in the 18th best side in his league, almost always on the weaker side but still got into double figures, despite your claim that he may as well not have bothered in at least those 8 games against the CL sides. Take a look at the bottom 5 from the Championship last year, only one team had their top scorer get to double figures.

So even sticking with your farcical notion that La Liga is in some way comparable to Championship, please kids stop laughing at the back, Mir out performed his peers in a comparable situation. I've not watched him in 6-7 full games though so what do I know?

No you are just making shit up. I said the teams at the bottom of la Liga were comparable with better championship teams. The admission you haven't watched someone play but have an opinion on their ability is particularly amusing.

Well he scored in La Liga he must be good was exactly the same thing I saw when we signed Jose.on loan. That was a roaring success though eh?

Been out, come back, read the last few hours, so many false equivalence arguments that even Johnnie Cochran would shrug his shoulders and walk away from defending

Mir and silva had very similar xG per 90s last season. Mir played overdouble the minutes, I’d back Fabio to get a similar ish goal return even though he’s several years younger.

we’ve got a good fee for Mir considering. And we are in a position where we’ve invested a lot in Fabio (I’m not getting into the tedious over paid argument - he’s here to stay) and he’s definitely worth pursuing with because he has the tools to be an extremely good goalscorer
Voice of reason. This thread Is a mess of vitriol with people trying to justify their pre conceptions

Very flimsy link on the Beeb gossip page that we are interested in Ilaix Moriba. Barcelona have set the price at ÂŁ12.8m.

No you are just making shit up. I said the teams at the bottom of la Liga were comparable with better championship teams. The admission you haven't watched someone play but have an opinion on their ability is particularly amusing.

Well he scored in La Liga he must be good was exactly the same thing I saw when we signed Jose.on loan. That was a roaring success though eh?

I'd be careful with accusations of making stuff up when you're pretty keen to put words in my mouth yourself.

It's alright to admit to were being silly sometimes you know, people won't laugh at you too much, well no more than usual anyway.

Long live Kieffer Mir, the ÂŁ5m wonder!

It's alright to admit to were being silly sometimes you know, people won't laugh at you too much, well no more than usual anyway.

Ok mate, if this is the way you want to go I'll just bid you good day.

Not in the habit of having petty internet squabbles where someone starts becoming personal over a football player, it's a bit embarrassing.

You forgot that EP got a free transfer to Jabbawolf's ignore list.
I will reinstate EP - he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time - just fed up to back teeth of people (mainly elsewhere) criticising Jeff and Bruno, and thinking we should just be able to magic up great players in a flash and for sod all.

Let’s see where we are when the window closes….then criticise!

I can't wait until the window shuts, mainly because I won't then be refreshing this forum about 3 thousand times per day hoping for a WELCOME......thread or an actual, Fabrizio style here we go rumour.

Mir is shite - looked out of his depth at Forest.

We also aren't Chelsea - we can't afford to spend 35m on 'potential' and then say because of that we can only sign Mick Gooding in the next window.

Interesting how peoples persona's differ in person to on the internet. Wouldn't say boo to a goose when you worked at IKEA. Very strange.
I thought you were done, son?

I mean that was 9 years ago, same age as Rafa Mir back then bless my cotton socks, it's almost like things might change with time, maybe the big Spaniard is a late bloomer like me?

Back