• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2021 transfer window

Sanderson supposedly getting rave reviews at Sunderland - can he be in the mix in 18 months or so?

Well, if we’re buying a new centre back and a new midfielder then our squad is instantly two bigger than it is now if we don’t sell anyone.

logically you wouldn’t keep both Donk and saiss, and we’d get more for Donk given their ages and contracts.
If we are still playing 3 at the back, they'd still be 4th and 5th choice unless you trust Hoever and Marcal? That would make your matchday 18
-------------------------Rui----------------
--------New-----Coady-----Boly-------
----Semedo----Neves----New----Jonny
-----------Neto-----Raul------Traore
Ruddy/New
Donck
Moutinho
RAN
Silva
WJ/New
Podence

Leaves Saiss, Hoever, Otasowie, Marcal, Kilman, MGW out of the squad/gone

I don't think we sign a new CM as well as Vitinha so for this purpose he's gone. Also assumes an unrealistic scenario where we don't have injuries

Sanderson supposedly getting rave reviews at Sunderland - can he be in the mix in 18 months or so?
He is now playing in the 3 rather than as RB/RWB, but accoring to Spiers (I think) Nuno doesn't fancy him

He is now playing in the 3 rather than as RB/RWB, but accoring to Spiers (I think) Nuno doesn't fancy him
He's always look like a CB to me. Let's hope he continues to develop, I feel it's a bit premature to say he's the answer when he's had a couple of good games in league 1. I think he needs to play the rest of the season with Sunderland and then first half of next season in the championship and at that point have a serious look at him.

I think Milan have an option on Tomori, but if they don't take it would be an interesting one for sure. I doubt he would come cheap though.

I wouldn't mind us having a look at Cunha from Hertha if he somehow became available

If Nuno wants to change to 4 at the back in the close season, then we need to buy an established top quality CB, someone ready to build our defence around. Splash the cash Fosun !!

If Nuno wants to change to 4 at the back in the close season, then we need to buy an established top quality CB, someone ready to build our defence around. Splash the cash Fosun !!
I don't think he should. Not for all the games anyway. What we need is a fluid team, that can change based on the opponent. Obviously that means you need the players in that can swop formations, yet still play as good. I think that is what Nuno wants imo.

Last edited:
Sessegnon had 2 goals and 2 assists in 9 starts at Hoffenheim before getting injured. Always thought he was a player Nuno could do something with, though not really in a position we're dying to fill

I don't think he should. Not for all the games anyway. What we need a a fluid team, that can change based on the opponent. Obviously that means you need the players in that can swop formations, yet still play as good. I think that is what Nuno wants imo.

Options are fine, but I would have thought Nuno wants to impose our game on teams rather than be reactive.

I don't think we should be chopping and changing how we play all the time, unless we're away at a top side and want a bit of security.

I disagree with that PK - having more than one system makes it far harder for the opposition to set up against you.

I think if he was going to be in the mix he would have been by now - isn't he 21/22? He'll probably move on to a Championship club for a decent fee.
Isn't he out of contract at the end of the season?

Options are fine, but I would have thought Nuno wants to impose our game on teams rather than be reactive.

I don't think we should be chopping and changing how we play all the time, unless we're away at a top side and want a bit of security.
I don't think we should either, but having the ability to helps a lot. As PQ says, having options means the opposition have got to second guess you. Have one set up then the opposition can figure you out, as we saw on numerous occasions.

Back