• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2021 transfer window

Whether we're trying or not doesn't really matter, it's what the squad looks like tomorrow morning. If it's the same as now, someone has royally fucked up.
As TT said, till the window is shut, I'm keeping my powder dry before going in hard

I’m not saying if we’d had some signings earlier we wouldn’t have lost all 3 games, but we may have had more chance of getting what we deserved.

That 4-7 points is likely to be worth somehere between £5m-10m, possibly more. I’m pretty confident any amount they are haggling over is less than that.

It's not about trying it's about succeeding. You set yourself up to do your business at the end of the window, you go on record saying that then you damn well better come through.

Exactly. We're in the PL, it just doesn't cut it to pat our recruitment/leadership team on the head and say 'at least you tried'.

If we're trying and failing constantly then I'd expect our targets and processes to be reviewed and adjusted accordingly. This has been going on for years now

Based on track record who here would be surprised if we ended up not signing anyone else? I wouldn’t. And to come out of this window, with a new manager trying to put in place a new way of playing, with only Trincao, Hwang, Mosquera and Sa would be an absolute failure by the club.

I don't really care what other clubs have done. We know what we need, and it's currently looking dangerously like we won't get it.

Probably best to wait until 11pm. This is the business end, and no doubt Fosun and Jeff Shi are incredibly good at this part. You don't become a multi billion pound business by being shit with money.
I have no doubt at the end of today we will have a CM and CB, and keep Neves and Traore.
You don't install a manager to implement an attacking style and get rid of your best attacker, or piss on his chips and don't bring in what he has asked for right at the beginning of his tenure...

Probably best to wait until 11pm. This is the business end, and no doubt Fosun and Jeff Shi are incredibly good at this part. You don't become a multi billion pound business by being shit with money.
I have no doubt at the end of today we will have a CM and CB, and keep Neves and Traore.
You don't install a manager to implement an attacking style and get rid of your best attacker, or piss on his chips and don't bring in what he has asked for right at the beginning of his tenure...

I admire you having 'no doubt' about all that! 👏

I don't think we'll lose anyone, but no new CB or CM blood (I don't expect both at this stage) for Bruno will hamstring him significantly in what he wants to achieve in his first season

I admire you having 'no doubt' about all that! 👏

I don't think we'll lose anyone, but no new CB or CM blood (I don't expect both at this stage) for Bruno will hamstring him significantly in what he wants to achieve in his first season
You'll kill yourself thinking otherwise. Twitter particularly is a mess right now. Best to stay confident, and i'd be stunned if anything other than i suggested happens. Been wrong before though!

You'll kill yourself thinking otherwise. Twitter particularly is a mess right now. Best to stay confident, and i'd be stunned if anything other than i suggested happens. Been wrong before though!

I'm happy to wait till the window shuts before being definitive, but right now we're in the final day so probability and previous windows are strong enough indicators to have a take on matters

MGW going to Sheffield United for the season. I can't imagine we're letting him go for the season without a replacement.
Surprised at that. He's certainly cover for midfield and up top. Maybe they just want to give him game time....

MGW going to Sheffield United for the season. I can't imagine we're letting him go for the season without a replacement.

Is this anywhere else apart from The Mail? I imagine this is contingent on us getting someone in rather than happening because we already have?

Last edited:
I'm happy to wait till the window shuts before being definitive, but right now we're in the final day so probability and previous windows are strong enough indicators to have a take on matters
I'm not being definitive, just my take. It's a confident one though...

Back