• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2021 transfer window

Right, forgot it was January he came first time too...

Was it that season he beat up Man United in the League Cup for MK in the late August and then we swooped in the January?

Given Boubacar Kamara's contract, perhaps we'll offer a contract in January at least if he hasn't moved his sights elsewhere by then.

I don’t think he wants to come. We are more likely to revisit Sanches and bid properly for Botman. Both of them sorted on January 2nd please Jeff. No pressure.
Yeh before they double in value on their performances in the CL

Am I the only one here thinking, “Who?”
IIRC he signed as a development player, his attitude wasn't right so we sacked him off, he went back to the continent and we ended up playing against him in one of our pre-season friendlys.

Fairly sure there was a bit of teeth gnashing at the time as he was sure to be the next Goncalves.

Already our player but Helder Costa signed in January.

A non January window one was Guy Whittingham in '94. Did alright too IIRC.

Interesting how people read things differently. The way I read it is he knows which side his bread is buttered
perhaps mine was phrased badly, or interesting how you read my post but we agree. My comment was in reference to all the "lage should walk" posts that appeared at 23.01 the other evening.

There's no reason we can't agree a deal with Lille for Sanches in principle for January. Maybe chuck a bit of extra bunce on top for delaying it because of injury.

There's no reason we can't agree a deal with Lille for Sanches in principle for January. Maybe chuck a bit of extra bunce on top for delaying it because of injury.
The problem is not knowing what Shi will do next.

Already our player but Helder Costa signed in January.

A non January window one was Guy Whittingham in '94. Did alright too IIRC.
Guy Whittingham was way before the January transfer bolloxs wasn't he? Maybe therewas a cut off so far into the season, can't recall

I do remember that he would have not been able to renew his loan for the play offs as under the rules at the time you could only renew so long/many times (think it was a 6 week loan)

Not that it mattered in the end :(

Guy Whittingham was way before the January transfer bolloxs wasn't he? Maybe therewas a cut off so far into the season, can't recall

I do remember that he would have not been able to renew his loan for the play offs as under the rules at the time you could only renew so long/many times (think it was a 6 week loan)

Not that it mattered in the end :(
Cut off used to be roughly the end of March (think we signed Gilkes on the final day in 97? for Mcghee's final push).
Was a mad rush last couple of days but nothing like hype nowadays.

I don't understand what the transfer window offers other than a load of panic buying and inflated prices. The big clubs still buy the league, they don't run 'short' of players.

Just a wate of time and an excuse for the hamist of hammy sky sports spin.

I don't understand what the transfer window offers other than a load of panic buying and inflated prices. The big clubs still buy the league, they don't run 'short' of players.

Just a wate of time and an excuse for the hamist of hammy sky sports spin.
Imagine the panic on the deadline in March with teams in danger of relegation from the Premier League though.

At least Podence has the potential to make a contribution even though last season he was poor.
He didn't get much of a chance last season. He and Adama should be playing 180 minutes, not 90. Then watch the net cords ripple...

Back