• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2021 transfer window

Jota would have been fine down the middle in the PL. Puts himself about, good touch, intelligent, gets himself into goalscoring positions, good movement, can finish instinctively (head or foot). He’s not rapid but quick enough. I mean, they are pretty much the reason Liverpool paid £45m for him.

I'm going to stick my neck on the line and say he'll be one of our better players next season and into double figures on the goal tally across all competitions... feel free to resurrect this post on 4th March 2022 :ROFLMAO:
I was wondering what the point of the bookmark feature was in the new forum..

Hey, you all have to apply to join my Jota fan club OK.

Hey, you all have to apply to join my Jota fan club OK.
He had peaked here though and you can’t turn the money down.

We didn’t play to his strengths, part from the 6 months in 5-3.......2 (to steal from exfan!)

He had peaked here though and you can’t turn the money down.

We didn’t play to his strengths, part from the 6 months in 5-3.......2 (to steal from exfan!)
I think he was fine in the 343. Look at that Spurs game for example. I was at Arsenal away last season and he was the best player on the pitch - as ever it was less to do with the formation and more about the way we played. When we fed him the ball between the lines he was always a danger and he got in the most dangerous positions in the box. He just had a poor run of games in the restart where he looked short of confidence and without that edge to his game.

I wouldn't have sold him but I understand why we did, he wanted to go and he hadn't been in our starting team in the most recent fixtures. Probably should have got more money tbh but can't change that now.

I think he fell victim to Jimenez/Traore building up an understanding in that 3-5-2 formation too, hence why he was resigned to the bench more often.

I still haven’t got over selling Jota. I think we’ve missed him a lot this season.

I think it hurts more because he so quickly performed well for another team in this league BUT it's quite funny how their fans were hailing him as the messiah while out injured as a) he's streaky and b) he does get injured quite often

The gaping chasm Raul has left would probably have been felt less with Jota in the team. He would have linked up well with Silva.

I may be wrong but I’m sure I saw Beckham play in a dead rubber Champions League game before he went to Preston. He looked absolute quality.
Edit: Played and scored v Galatasaray before going on loan the following month to Preston.

I think he fell victim to Jiminez/Traore building up an understanding in that 3-5-2 formation too, hence why he was resigned to the bench more often.
Traore's form pre Xmas meant that Nuno thought he had to play so went back to 343 to accomodate him. Jota and Wolves' best form in the PL was 352, we should have evolved that with a ACM. If we had he'd still be here

Whenever I think of our best moments/performances under Nuno, Jota was nearly always involved.

When the highlights of our win at Spurs were on Twitter the other day, all I could think of was that I miss Jota!

Or maybe you change the way you play to put yourselves into more assertive positions more often and create those opportunities to rest the big players and blood the youngsters for short spells?
Of course we would all like to see that, but all the evidence to date suggests that won't happen. Even in games we've been ahead in we've gone defensive and often it has cost us. Brighton was a classic example.

Traore's form pre Xmas meant that Nuno thought he had to play so went back to 343 to accomodate him. Jota and Wolves' best form in the PL was 352, we should have evolved that with a ACM. If we had he'd still be here

No chance he'd still be here - Liverpool have won the Champions League and Premier League in the last few years.

I think he was fine in the 343. Look at that Spurs game for example. I was at Arsenal away last season and he was the best player on the pitch - as ever it was less to do with the formation and more about the way we played. When we fed him the ball between the lines he was always a danger and he got in the most dangerous positions in the box. He just had a poor run of games in the restart where he looked short of confidence and without that edge to his game.

I wouldn't have sold him but I understand why we did, he wanted to go and he hadn't been in our starting team in the most recent fixtures. Probably should have got more money tbh but can't change that now.
Yeah he was fine, but we did Weren’t getting the most out of him as he was “too wide”. But this was a Wolves problem and not a formation problem as we’ve been saying forever.

No chance he'd still be here - Liverpool have won the Champions League and Premier League in the last few years.
Have they? Cheers
Not so sure. Whether we wanted to keep him or not, once the PL Champions come calling very difficult for a player to ignore
Only speculation, but if he's in the team he feels more wanted and therefore perhaps would rather stay, also less likely we'd want to sell. He left because all parties felt it suited them.

Whenever I think of our best moments/performances under Nuno, Jota was nearly always involved.

When the highlights of our win at Spurs were on Twitter the other day, all I could think of was that I miss Jota!
I miss that Jota too

Back