• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2021 transfer window

If we rate him and are still tracking we should be prepared to pay that money (44m I've just seen)

Definately no to Lacazette, he is shit..not surprised like i said earlier they are trying to get rid.. Tammy Abraham instead but there is no chance of course

Fred turning his nose up at a striker?!!! What has the world come to!

Surprised, you’re usually partial to a semi-past-it Arsenal cast-off.
wrote that i thought arsenal would replace lacazette with abraham..but dont think chelsea would sell..who did you have in mind btw?

Arsenal cast-offs…? Can’t think right now.
51195F4A-6E33-4882-993C-86F9B4B0D625.jpeg

Tapsoba for CB

can see us signing Florentino Luis on loan to be honest.

And my wide forward pick is Donyell Malen ...

I predict a vague sense of discomfort at the end of the window, accompanied by a lack of an RCB and CM.

Arsenal cast-offs…? Can’t think right now.
View attachment 3506
yeah, that was some years ago(3-4?) playing PTG on this forum, he was a good defender before his injuries started to break him down tbf..also can´t really decide what they put under my username either..wouldn´t call me that :)

I suppose you´re still not missing, Tredman? ;)

Has Coady suddenly become Roger Johnson over night.
Memory serves he was MOTM for England in a Back 4, admittedly a poor England Performace.

He reads the game well
Organises well
He handles 1 v 1 well.
Distribution is up their with the best

Struggles with a Big lump up top
Is not fast, but frequently is in the right place at the right time, thats not luck.
He does not attack the ball like a centre half in the air, certainly at set pieces, but wins a fair amount of headers elsewhere.

We have not really seen Coady and Boly together in a 4 for any period of time, how about we do before writing him off.

He has some good attributes, some weaknesses, but there are very few centre backs without weaknesses.

Virgil Van Dyke
Ruben Dias
How much collectively did they cost?

Not many more.
John Stones who I think is worse than Coady looks Immense with Dias.

I will say it again. Goncalvo Inacio is tearing up the league with Sporting at CB. Very young but considered to have Ruben Dias potential. Strike this summer or probably miss out for good.

Has Coady suddenly become Roger Johnson over night.
Memory serves he was MOTM for England in a Back 4, admittedly a poor England Performace.

He reads the game well
Organises well
He handles 1 v 1 well.
Distribution is up their with the best

Struggles with a Big lump up top
Is not fast, but frequently is in the right place at the right time, thats not luck.
He does not attack the ball like a centre half in the air, certainly at set pieces, but wins a fair amount of headers elsewhere.

We have not really seen Coady and Boly together in a 4 for any period of time, how about we do before writing him off.

He has some good attributes, some weaknesses, but there are very few centre backs without weaknesses.

Virgil Van Dyke
Ruben Dias
How much collectively did they cost?

Not many more.
John Stones who I think is worse than Coady looks Immense with Dias.

gettyimages-160208632-e1471355538159.jpg

Do you think most sports writers have a Wolves tab on their computers and in there is a template that contains the following :

Portugese international
Cash strapped
Jorge Mendes
Gestifute

They just open that and fill in the players name and then pad the piece out a bit ? :)

Guedes would make sense if we were looking for a wide player who can play through the middle as well. A few years ago I remember he was very very highly rated but not sure if he's lived up to that, I don't watch much Spanish football any more

Think he can be quite hit and miss but I agree he fits the wide option who can play up front. I can also just see us taking advantage of the Valencia situation to get him cheaper than he would have been a couple of years ago.

Back