• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2021 transfer window

I can see it happening. Difficulty will be next season with no Neves and an older Moutinho we might end up with an entire new central midfield.
If Neves did go and we bought in Paulinha I'd hope Vitinha could also step up.

I can see it happening. Difficulty will be next season with no Neves and an older Moutinho we might end up with an entire new central midfield.
And some new CBs too!

Next season could be just as bumpy!

Dear me, behave yourself.
Once again i didn't start anything, but i won't lie down when someone addresses me like a 4 year old. It's just that simple. Pretty much everyone will have me on ignore but Cyber. ;)

And some new CBs too!

Next season could be just as bumpy!
I quite like the idea of a team refresh, but without knowing what Raul will be like when he comes back it’s too much of a risk IMO

I really don't want Neves to leave but if a big club comes in with right offer it will be difficult to fight that off, as with Jota. I don't think it has anything to do with ambition or lack of it, its just the way football works. We're a middling club, it will take time and a lot of hard work along with some clever wheeler dealing to get into a position where we are a regular top 6 club. Leicester seem to be working towards that end.

I’d be fine with Neves going if the fee is appropriate. He’s a good player, has had a good season. But even when he’s had a good season we’ve still transpired to be dull and finish lower midtable.

Same as Chillwell was a good player for Leicester, but he’s not irreplaceable. Sadly we are a selling club, pretty much every club is. Even Liverpool sell their best players.

I’d be fine with Neves going if the fee is appropriate. He’s a good player, has had a good season. But even when he’s had a good season we’ve still transpired to be dull and finish lower midtable.

Same as Chillwell was a good player for Leicester, but he’s not irreplaceable. Sadly we are a selling club, pretty much every club is. Even Liverpool sell their best players.
This is the thing. Is there any club that isn’t a “selling club” anymore? Only can think of City and the two big Spanish clubs? So I don’t get people using the idea of Neves potentially leaving as a stick to beat Fosun with

Leicester haven’t done too badly selling their best players. Ben Chilwell, Harry Maguire, Riyad Mahrez have all gone in the last 3 seasons...and they have bought well, both established and young players. I would say their squad is better now than the one that won the league. “If“ we sold all three of Neves, Neto and Traore it would mean we (Fosun) have given up or, more likely, we are going to spend big.

We are a feeder club, most clubs are. Other clubs feed us, we feed other clubs. The key is to make the right sales and the right purchases and few clubs have much control over the former and the latter is always a risk.

Leicester haven’t done too badly selling their best players. Ben Chilwell, Harry Maguire, Riyad Mahrez have all gone in the last 3 seasons...and they have bought well, both established and young players. I would say their squad is better now than the one that won the league. “If“ we sold all three of Neves, Neto and Traore it would mean we (Fosun) have given up or, more likely, we are going to spend big.

We are a feeder club, most clubs are. Other clubs feed us, we feed other clubs. The key is to make the right sales and the right purchases and few clubs have much control over the former and the latter is always a risk.
Leicester sold and bought replacements for their first 11, if we are to sell that's what we need to do this summer, unlike last

This is the thing. Is there any club that isn’t a “selling club” anymore? Only can think of City and the two big Spanish clubs? So I don’t get people using the idea of Neves potentially leaving as a stick to beat Fosun with
Not sure anyone is using him as a stick. The thing is Neves is one of the players in the Wolves team that you would build around if you wanted to move on. He knows the team and the systems. Sell him and you need to replace him. With who? And that is going to cost a lot.
And more importantly you sell him to a rival team? It wouldn't make sense to me in any way. The other teams mentioned had replacements for the players they sold. We have not got a ready made Neves waiting in the wings. My opinion on it.

Note, all this is based on that article that might be total horseshit, but it was printed news, which was i why i posted it up.

Yes, Chilwell money went of Catsagne, Under and Fofana. 2 out of 3 have been successful.
3 isn't their whole 11. They kept the bulk of their team, and just strengthened a couple of positions. Something we should be doing but with the right players.

They aren't, Castagne is ahead of Pereira and and Fofana the same

Last edited:
Back