• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2021 transfer window

I'd say that's about right, as much as I'd like 2 new CH's not everything can be done in one go and you do want some stability unless we can get a loan to buy on a young defender though that might depend on how good Marques is.

I'd say that's about right, as much as I'd like 2 new CH's not everything can be done in one go and you do want some stability unless we can get a loan to buy on a young defender though that might depend on how good Marques is.
I hope Marques goes on loan to Grasshopper next season and gets a full season under his belt as I think he'll be quality. Lonwijk I'd keep as he looks better than Kilman.

1 X CB, 2 X Wide forwards and I think we'll be in a very good place next season.

Has Lonwijk filled out a bit? With not being able to go to u23 matches and them being played in the day during the week I haven't been able to keep up with their development and the last time I saw anything of him he looked slim for a CH.

Has Lonwijk filled out a bit? With not being able to go to u23 matches and them being played in the day during the week I haven't been able to keep up with their development and the last time I saw anything of him he looked slim for a CH.
Still got a bit to go I think, but he's looked stronger the more I have seen him

Have missed your updates!

He's still slim but he's put a decent amount of muscle on. I've been impressed with his aggression more than anything as he'll always have silky ball skills.

If he fills out his frame he'll look like VVD.

I think squad wise I'd be looking at (I am constantly doing this in my head btw)

GK: Patricio, Sarkic/New back up

RB/RWB: Semedo, Hoever (or However, as Sky called him today)
CB: New guy, Boly, Saiss, Coady, Marques/Lonwijk
LB/LWB: Ait-Nouri, Marcal (???), Jonny eventually

CM: Neves, new CM, Donck, Moutinho
RW: Neto, new guy (Trincao?)
CAM: Vitinha, Gibbs-White
LW: new guy (can see Guedes), Podence

ST: Raul, Fabio, possibly a new player who can also play wide?

Leaves us vulnerable at left back, so maybe we will sign someone like Maitland-Niles (anonymous today I thought) who can cover multiple positions. Not neccesarily him though.

Think Traore will go. Get £25-30m for him. Worried we might lose Neves, would require an extra CM if he did. Raise other money through Mir and Vinagre too.
Thought for a while that our most likely big loss is Neves...hope I'm just worrying for nowt.

He's still slim but he's put a decent amount of muscle on. I've been impressed with his aggression more than anything as he'll always have silky ball skills.

If he fills out his frame he'll look like VVD.
If he plays like him it'll be happy days!

I might be being overly optimistic but I thought Vitinha’s performance yesterday has made signing a CM lower priority. We definitely need one CH as a starter and unless one of the youngsters is good enough a promising player like Souttar from Stoke as well.

Pod has slipped backwards but maybe a fresh start as a wide player will rejuvenate him. I’d take whatever we can get for Traore and bring in a replacement. We need another wide body too to give options and I’d be looking for someone who can play across the line then we don’t need another out and out number 9 who will in all likelihood be a bench warmer now Fabio has upped his game.

I’d still be buying a deeper midfielder, who has the physicality of Donck but ability to carry the ball. If we were really interested in Soumare, he’s one option (with less time on his contract now I think)

has anyone seen Danjuma play for Bournemouth? Didn’t play a lot last season due to injury I think, but 15 goals in 28 starts this season and 7 assists. Might be worth looking at if they don’t go up

I’d still be buying a deeper midfielder, who has the physicality of Donck but ability to carry the ball. If we were really interested in Soumare, he’s one option (with less time on his contract now I think)
If funds permit I agree and it might have the added bonus of allowing OO to go out on loan as I think a season in the Championship would do him the world of good.

Leicester for £35m is the rumour

I’ve checked and he has a year left on his contract? (May not be accurate I guess).

Leicester is a good level for him to join but minutes may be hard to come by to begin with for him

I’ve checked and he has a year left on his contract? (May not be accurate I guess).

Leicester is a good level for him to join but minutes may be hard to come by to begin with for him
Unless they cash in on Tielemans or Ndidi I can’t see him starting much. He’d be far better off at Molineux!

Unless they cash in on Tielemans or Ndidi I can’t see him starting much. He’d be far better off at Molineux!
I guess if they do want him it’s to recruit ahead of one of those two leaving, even if it’s not in the same summer.

They hit a bit of a wall in the PL and prioritised that over Europe in the end, hence them getting knocked out. Presumably with them in the CL next season he wants to avoid that again

has anyone seen Danjuma play for Bournemouth? Didn’t play a lot last season due to injury I think, but 15 goals in 28 starts this season and 7 assists. Might be worth looking at if they don’t go up
We have one in Otasowie

Back