• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2021 transfer window

I sometimes co-host Global Radio's football show on a Saturday afternoon.

There is a Man Utd, Swansea, 2 West Ham Fans, and me, we were discussing the summer transfer window in relation to Haaland, Pogba, etc.

None of us are expecting much movement at the top echelons of the players most Clubs just cannot afford to go and splurge the cash.

If the likes of Man Utd, Real Madrid, Barca are unable to go and spend €80million, the rest of us will not be in a position to spend €50 million.

The only teams probably largely unaffected by the pandemics affect on finances, are Man City and PSG. Wether they actually go out and spend that sort of Cash remains to be seen, my gut feeling is they wont, they will try and use the financial impact to there advantage.

Doing the radio show and doing research for it, has made me a lot more mellow, and Objective when it comes to Wolves.

I am not expecting more than 2 or 3 new players this summer, and I expect 1 experienced player late 20's and 1 or 2 younger players around 21 / 22

Someone at work told me a few weeks back that he heard Moutinho was moving house and "not expected to be in this country" I said he has another year but this chap was adamant he is leaving this summer. I brushed it off as bollocks but who knows?

Love the guy but if its true he goes with all our blessings, we do need to be looking for his direct younger replacement now.

Someone at work told me a few weeks back that he heard Moutinho was moving house and "not expected to be in this country" I said he has another year but this chap was adamant he is leaving this summer. I brushed it off as bollocks but who knows?
It wouldn't surprise me, and who would begrudge him that move anyway. Better than another cold winter in Wolverhampton that is for sure. Plus he would be sick of the stick some fans out there continually give him. Who the fuck wants any of that...

If we wanted Angel Gomes then we'd have done it last year when his United contract expired.

He's also even smaller than Podence.

Signing him now means no compo to Utd I guess.

Did Angel Gomes have a fallout with Man Utd or something or other?

Did Angel Gomes have a fallout with Man Utd or something or other?

Turned down their contact offer for more playing time at Lille/Boavista. I think once he had made that decision he was frozen out and they stopped picking him in first team squads etc.

He's been the only shining light in a very poor season for Boavista. Very talented player.

Well seeing as Vitinha is meant to be the new Moutinho it might be an idea to give him some game time if Joao is indeed off.

People discussing the market. If the bigger clubs can't afford to spend like they want to, they may have to sell more than they would like. So you could get transfers of players who are on the fringes or no longer wanted where they are, lower transfer fees to offset the cost of wages too could therefore happen.

Arsenal previously wanted more than the 16 million offered for Maitland-Niles, despite a decent enough loan spell I can't help but feel you could get him for less or a similar figure to that now, as it's not just the money for the fee, it's the removal of his wages from a potentially reduced budget that is probably more appealing to those clubs that have suffered the biggest losses.

People discussing the market. If the bigger clubs can't afford to spend like they want to, they may have to sell more than they would like. So you could get transfers of players who are on the fringes or no longer wanted where they are, lower transfer fees to offset the cost of wages too could therefore happen.

Arsenal previously wanted more than the 16 million offered for Maitland-Niles, despite a decent enough loan spell I can't help but feel you could get him for less or a similar figure to that now, as it's not just the money for the fee, it's the removal of his wages from a potentially reduced budget that is probably more appealing to those clubs that have suffered the biggest losses.
Wouldn’t surprise me at all if we came back in for AMN now, covers multiple positions in areas we need more depth

Back