• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2021 transfer window

I don't mind him but it's CM only for me, don't want to see him on either side as a wing back. He'd give us legs in midfield which we do seriously lack.

I just don't think he's that good. Pretty bog standard player that isn't very creative and didn't do anything brilliantly.

We need much better.

I thought he'd played well at wing back for Arsenal and England?

People discussing the market. If the bigger clubs can't afford to spend like they want to, they may have to sell more than they would like. So you could get transfers of players who are on the fringes or no longer wanted where they are, lower transfer fees to offset the cost of wages too could therefore happen.

Arsenal previously wanted more than the 16 million offered for Maitland-Niles, despite a decent enough loan spell I can't help but feel you could get him for less or a similar figure to that now, as it's not just the money for the fee, it's the removal of his wages from a potentially reduced budget that is probably more appealing to those clubs that have suffered the biggest losses.
That could happen, but it also needs the players to agree, if the Buying Club cannot afford wages the player is currently on they may not want to move.

Nuno talking about a different strategy regarding squad size going forward.

My view on AMN depends on whether we have had a shift of strategy after this season, Nuno alluded yesterday that could be the case. I'd be disappointed if he was in our best 11 next, but not if he were on the bench instead of whichever kid has as much chance of getting on the pitch as me. Depends on the budget., £15m on him from £50m wouldn't be a good allocation of resources, out of £100m it would be fine

Makes sense. The game has changed with the increased subs bench and we've seen this season how badly a small squad can be affected by a few bad injuries.

If Nuno thinks he can keep a bigger squad happy then it's a no brainer.

Well, there have been no fans in the stadium all season to 'continually give him stick', so are you saying the mid-30s millionaire searches his name on Twitter, or is maybe a lurker on TWF?
Just waiting for his Joao Moutinho day moment. Finally take some of the heat off Ed Balls

Well, there have been no fans in the stadium all season to 'continually give him stick', so are you saying the mid-30s millionaire searches his name on Twitter, or is maybe a lurker on TWF?
I'm sure he sees twitter and IG. Most of his team mates are on it too.
You could be a comedian, but your jokes are shit, so i wouldn't bother.

I'm sure he sees twitter and IG. Most of his team mates are on it too.
You could be a comedian, but your jokes are shit, so i wouldn't bother.

It wasn't a joke. I was disagreeing with the logic of your original comment, which was mawkish and over-reverential imo

We could have the biggest squad on the planet, if Nuno doesn't trust any of them outside the 12-13 regulars that play, it's pointless, players seem to get a break and play, then disappear, rarely to be around the first team again

We could have the biggest squad on the planet, if Nuno doesn't trust any of them outside the 12-13 regulars that play, it's pointless, players seem to get a break and play, then disappear, rarely to be around the first team again
Yes, absolutely.

There's a lot of talk stateside that a few Prem clubs are looking at Daryl Dike (currently at Barnsley on loan).

Can anyone confirm if he's had good performances to go with his record there? He immediately looked far, far too good for MLS.

There's a lot of talk stateside that a few Prem clubs are looking at Daryl Dike (currently at Barnsley on loan).

Can anyone confirm if he's had good performances to go with his record there? He immediately looked far, far too good for MLS.
Has had a freak run of goals (though some have been spectular). Just not really sustainable, but a friend of mine who works at Barnsley loves him. Think he has suited their incredibly specific way of playing, too.

I think squad wise I'd be looking at (I am constantly doing this in my head btw)

GK: Patricio, Sarkic/New back up

RB/RWB: Semedo, Hoever (or However, as Sky called him today)
CB: New guy, Boly, Saiss, Coady, Marques/Lonwijk
LB/LWB: Ait-Nouri, Marcal (???), Jonny eventually

CM: Neves, new CM, Donck, Moutinho
RW: Neto, new guy (Trincao?)
CAM: Vitinha, Gibbs-White
LW: new guy (can see Guedes), Podence

ST: Raul, Fabio, possibly a new player who can also play wide?

Leaves us vulnerable at left back, so maybe we will sign someone like Maitland-Niles (anonymous today I thought) who can cover multiple positions. Not neccesarily him though.

Think Traore will go. Get £25-30m for him. Worried we might lose Neves, would require an extra CM if he did. Raise other money through Mir and Vinagre too.

Last edited:
They'll definitely need to sign a goalkeeper. Sarkic has done well in league one at times but also let in some howlers. You wouldn't want him starting any run of Premier League games if there was an injury.

Agree with that. A lot rests on a new CB, CM and Raul returning though.

Back