• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2021 transfer window

If anyone offers 40m plus for Neves, we’ll take it. I don’t think Arsenal is the step forward he’s after but if they’re the only ones making a bid I could see him going there

I don't think Neves is happy with the Nuno situation. I read yesterday he thought it was time he moved on. He was happy and content here with his family. I bet it's pissed him off a bit that Nuno has gone.
Read where?

I don't think Neves is happy with the Nuno situation. I read yesterday he thought it was time he moved on. He was happy and content here with his family. I bet it's pissed him off a bit that Nuno has gone.

Sounds a bit like you're projecting your own pro-Nuno sentiment onto a professional sportsman here tbh

Sounds a bit like you're projecting your own pro-Nuno sentiment onto a professional sportsman here tbh
Well excuse me for doing so. I didn't realise i needed your permission.... :rolleyes:
It's well documented Neves is very settled here with the group of players we have and Nuno. Sorry if that is pissing on your chips.

Well excuse me for doing so. I didn't realise i needed your permission.... :rolleyes:
It's well documented Neves is very settled here with the group of players we have and Nuno. Sorry if that is pissing on your chips.

Everyone's very tense at the moment!

I'm sure most of the players have respect for Nuno but my point is that him leaving won't lead to our big players making a tearful exodus - that kind of emotion is for fans really.

If Nuno going is the start of a big downturn in our ambitions and results then that's more likely to make the likes of Neves get twitchy imo

Everyone's very tense at the moment!

I'm sure most of the players have respect for Nuno but my point is that him leaving won't lead to our big players making a tearful exodus - that kind of emotion is for fans really.

If Nuno going is the start of a big downturn in our ambitions and results then that's more likely to make the likes of Neves get twitchy imo
Did i even say that? I was discussing Ruben Neves, not the whole squad.
If you are going to try to wind me up then maybe get your facts straight old boy. It's seems it's your MO to do that.

Did i even say that? I was discussing Ruben Neves, not the whole squad.
If you are going to try to wind me up then maybe get your facts straight old boy. It's seems it's your MO to do that.

I didn't say our whole squad either, I said 'our big players', of which Neves is undoubtedly one.

I just slightly disagree with your premise, and explained why. No winding up going on, mate

I didn't say our whole squad either, I said 'our big players', of which Neves is undoubtedly one.

I just slightly disagree with your premise, and explained why. No winding up going on, mate
That is an assumption too far in bold. I haven't got any mates.
Disagree fine. Quote something i didn't say not fine. Understand?

You can't help it if players want to go on to new challenges. We got two more years out of Neves than I thought we would and he isn't irreplaceable.

This is what the Premier League is about unless you're Manchester City or Liverpool. Just ask Southampton.

Sounds like it's just Arsenal testing the water at the minute. They couldn't outbid Aston Villa so I don't think we are in much danger.

Sounds like it's just Arsenal testing the water at the minute. They couldn't outbid Aston Villa so I don't think we are in much danger.
It's moot right now anyway. No one will be going anywhere until the new bloke has assessed the squad. Unless we are guided by Uncle George in everything we do....:unsure:

Sounds more like we're actively touting him around.

It's moot right now anyway. No one will be going anywhere until the new bloke has assessed the squad. Unless we are guided by Uncle George in everything we do....:unsure:

I think we're likely following a DoF model where the club suggests players, this was certainly the way under Thelwell. That way you don't have to rebuild from scratch when the head coach leaves.

Leicester's recruitment model is club based for example, not coach based.

We signed anyone yet?

Not yet, need a manager to come in first,
Then it's the Euro so won't sign anyone,
Then the transfer windows shut, and it'll be we tried, but were unsuccessful in getting anyone in,
Cue mass outbreak of dads army Fraser "we're doomed"

We don’t have a DoF though 🤷🏻‍♂️

Back