• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2022 Transfer Window

Shirt sales mate, that and matchday revenue when they come to watch us play Hartlepool in the FA cup third round replay
Loving your optimism…we got a draw at Hartlepool, it‘s never as dark as before the dawn.

If the interest is real, it's pretty hard to convince yourself that his nationality isn't a/the key driver behind it. Which is a pretty fucking shit way to run recruitment

As our recruitment so far has been Ireland you have to hope decisions are moving away from marketing only

If interest in a striker is genuine that means Hwang isn't really seen as a solution as a striker

As our recruitment so far has been Ireland you have to hope decisions are moving away from marketing only
If we're looking for a common thread it appears to be go for players from relegated teams who are in financial difficulties.

Didn't work out too well before.

€3m rejected, talks ongoing apparently. We haven’t (or choose not to have) a pot to piss in have we?

Watched a few videos of him, getting strong Cutrone vibes, scuffed shots, open goal tap ins, penalty box pinball. There are clips of him doing some tidy stuff elsewhere on the pitch but those clips all seem very suddenly truncated which would lead me to think the play doesn't follow in that I'll.

Mark me down as a no for this one.

€3m rejected, talks ongoing apparently. We haven’t (or choose not to have) a pot to piss in have we?

He doesn't look like he's worth any more than than that to be fair, I'd be more disappointed in the person who considers him worthwhile than the guy who's setting the budget.

If the budget is a few million quid then there's a very high chance whoever we sign won't be up to it. It's Joe Mason money

Well it's either a Jeff created budget issue or we are trying to rip a player we have watched previously out of a club in the shit on the very very cheap (someone found Jez's transfer notebook during a clean out).

Take a punt on a kid at that money, use it towards getting someone on loan, don't throw it down the drain on a 29 year old who isn't going to give you anything back.
No issue with that, it's essentially what we did with Chiquinho. He wasn't supposed.to go straight into the first team though

If a 29 year old striker is worth £3m, then he's got no business bothering the Premier League
To be fair his club think he is worth more than that and we are trying to nab a player on the cheap because of their situation.
Of course, also have take into account that we might not actually be after him.
Close to signing 5 strikers this week so far

No issue with that, it's essentially what we did with Chiquinho. He wasn't supposed.to go straight into the first team though
You've got a similar situation here, kid comes in and gets a baptism of fire until end of September at the worst in all likelihood. Then from what we've seen so far they'll play a very small supporting role to Jimenez there after.

May not have been supposed to but based on what I saw he was clearly good enough to.

Have we still got Benteke's number?

Back