• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2022 Transfer Window

The flip side of that is that we may miss out on playing Liverpool whilst they are somewhat in disarray on the pitch. Particularly as I have a single, double, treble and multiple on them losing to Napoli, us, correct score and first goalscorer. 🙄
Aaanny way, I suspect the weekends fixtures might be postponed, I suppose that gives us chance to get Costa fit(ter)

Actually, I've always wondered where is the motivation for multi-millionaires to carry on working at all. Top sports stars, entertainers whatever must surely have enough in the bank to support themselves and generations of descendants in luxury. Where's the incentive for Ronnie O'Sullivan or Kanyae West to get out of bed and ply their trade? Clearly, there is one, because they do so, but most people who win the lottery just retire from their day job with rather less than these guys have.
Down to the individual I suppose.

Ronnie does it because he knows he's still the best player in the world. Stephen Hendry got to a point where he thought "can't win, don't want to know". Steve Davis kept playing until he was nearly 60 because he just loved playing snooker.

And me. And I kept scrolling through it expected to see Costa confirmed… haven’t got there yet though.
another 8 pages until that happens (might even be a longer delay as I doubt we will do happy messages if the Queen situation changes)

The concept of someone refreshing this thread, on this forum, to find breaking news blows my mind.

You know Wolves will just say?

And you also know that the deal is done, this was sorted days ago providing we got the work permit, which we have?

And me. And I kept scrolling through it expected to see Costa confirmed… haven’t got there yet though.
Keep your eyes peeled then for someone jumping the gun and starting a 'Welcome to Wolves Diego Costa' thread.

I think with an injury like Raul’s it takes time to forget. I’m sure the more time passes the better he will get.

That said, he wasn’t at his fantastic best before the injury and physical decline due to age may mask the improvements due to confidence.

Whichever way you look at it, he’s been fantastic for this club and I don’t want to see him turn into some form of Nuno-like pariah simple because all his good stuff was a while ago.

I hope he makes it back to his best, I suspect he won’t, he won’t be sold in January but maybe next summer.

I’ll remember all the fantastic performances he put in for us and if not a legend, he will certainly go down as instrumental in our success after promotion.

The concept of someone refreshing this thread, on this forum, to find breaking news blows my mind.

You know Wolves will just say?

And you also know that the deal is done, this was sorted days ago providing we got the work permit, which we have?
I wasn’t refreshing, I was just reading your spat with someone about Raul… I thought 5 pages of new posts probably indicates he’s signed, but actually it turned out it was just your strength of feeling.

You can't go halves on this kind of thing.

It's not just here, it's everywhere. Fuck off with "it's just my opinion" as if that gives anyone the right to say any old shite unchallenged. That is not a get out clause.

There was of course a time when many disagreed with me on Bruno Lage. But if you build it, they will come.

You can't go halves on this kind of thing.

It's not just here, it's everywhere. Fuck off with "it's just my opinion" as if that gives anyone the right to say any old shite unchallenged. That is not a get out clause.

There was of course a time when many disagreed with me on Bruno Lage. But if you build it, they will come.
I did have blip around last Christmas but I’ve was crestfallen when we appointed him and I can’t wait to see the back of the him now.

His managerial ability and track record are non-existent but add in the crap he spouts and he looking like Saunders Mk Ii now.

He's not Saunders because that's a level no-one can sink to.

He's pretty much Nu-Lambert. Someone brought in and given a canvas to show what they had to offer...it turned out to be nothing. No-one really talks about Lambert now and no-one will talk about Lage much in a couple of years. He was just a waste of time, like crappy managers Albion kept appointing 6-7 years ago and getting away with it.

The flip side of that is that we may miss out on playing Liverpool whilst they are somewhat in disarray on the pitch. Particularly as I have a single, double, treble and multiple on them losing to Napoli, us, correct score and first goalscorer. 🙄
Check that bet as I don’t think they’d pay out on it even if it came in. Consequential bets or something i.e. you can’t have a first goal scorer win double as one act determines the other is more likely. Same as predicting a 2-1 win/home win double wouldn’t pay

I could be wrong but check your bet before getting too excited!

Lage is relatively young. He has a lot of potential to sink further

For me Lage is boring and inoffensive coupled with tactically suspect. He holds no gravitas. He's a nobody promoted way past his abilities.

Saunders was actively dislikable, arrogance flowed from every pore and he had less than fuck all to show for it.

As much as I dislike Lage and want him gone I dont think for a minute he'll resort to slandering dead managerial legends who can't defend themselves or drink driving.

Down to the individual I suppose.
Well, exactly. And only Raul knows what his individual motivation is, so speculation how great a part money plays in his decisions is just that. In general, though (not specifying Raul here), if someone's heart is no longer in it, it must be that much harder to generate the enthusiasm to give 100% if you're already swimming in dosh. (In fact, Ronnie exhibits that very mentality from time to time, though he usually gets his mojo back before long.) Easy to forget that our heroes are people too :)

For me Lage is boring and inoffensive coupled with tactically suspect. He holds no gravitas. He's a nobody promoted way past his abilities.

Saunders was actively dislikable, arrogance flowed from every pore and he had less than fuck all to show for it.

As much as I dislike Lage and want him gone I dont think for a minute he'll resort to slandering dead managerial legends who can't defend themselves or drink driving.
He does spout a lot of crap though. It’s getting pretty irritating and embarrassing to have him as our manager. He just needs to do some serious drinking to sink to his full potential.

Back