• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2022 Transfer Window

Surely Everton can't afford to buy him with their FFP status

Other than opposition fans moaning, there's no real suggestion that they're on the PL's radar at all, so other than actual cash issues I don't see them as suddenly having restrictions to comply with. They seem absolutely confident that what they've booked as covid losses and infrastructure spending puts them within the allowed loss limits

Why not? Who realistically that is willing to pay that money is going to be a better fit for the player? The talk of City and Liverpool is premature, he’s an excellent footballer but still not quite that level yet. Are you suggesting Everton are more likely?
I just don’t think we’ll spend that much on someone, and I don’t think we want to either which is why we’re trying to lowball them like we did with Botman. We seem to point blank refuse to pay what people are worth because we think we know better.

Also I’m a massive pessimist and have zero faith in anyone involved in Transfer dealings at the club.

If it was to happen, which it won't, would he be worth getting excited about?

I think he's just the type we need, and a really exciting profile of player too. Imagine he'd be 2 years tops before going to City though, Pep is a big fan

Definitely. He's an amazing player. In terms of playing style I'd compare him to Mousa Dembélé (the Spurs one).

Bernardo Silva might be going to Barca, could Nunes be a replacement and this whole thing is to pressure city?

No chance we sign him. It’s like when we kept getting linked to Dias even though we had no intention of ever bidding what he was worth.

Happy to be proved wrong though.

Definitely. He's an amazing player. In terms of playing style I'd compare him to Mousa Dembélé (the Spurs one).
Always liked Dembélé going back to when he played for Fulham against us in big Mick's second season in the Premier League. I think Lukaku played against us that day too.

Edit - not Lukaku, Kakuta 🤦‍♂️

I have no idea if he is any good, but it'd be worth getting excited about because it'd show a level of interest from Fosun in the football team above where I think it currently exists

No chance we sign him. It’s like when we kept getting linked to Dias even though we had no intention of ever bidding what he was worth.

Happy to be proved wrong though.

TBF with Dias when Man City came knocking we did not have a hope of pulling that one off nor could you blame Dias for waiting for a big club to come in knowing how highly regarded he is as a player. Top Centre Backs are way harder to find then midfielders I always felt Dias would go straight in to the City first team.

The one positive thing for us I will say about Nunes is that he walks in to out first team but with the big clubs like City or Liverpool he doesn't.

I just don’t think we’ll spend that much on someone, and I don’t think we want to either which is why we’re trying to lowball them like we did with Botman. We seem to point blank refuse to pay what people are worth because we think we know better.

Also I’m a massive pessimist and have zero faith in anyone involved in Transfer dealings at the club.

I read it as the player would choose not to rather than the transfer fee which I’m dubious about myself.

I don’t think we did lowball for Botman. Evidence shows Lille pissing people about raising fees after agreements in principle (see Newcastle) and I don’t think spending 35m on him would be good business either.

I agree with the last part though.

Such an underrated footballer he was. Injuries didn’t help but when he was fit he was unbelievable, used to just glide past people.

Neither Dias nor Cancelo ever wanted to come to Wolves as far as I remember. No idea what Nunes wants but if he sees us as a gateway to a top Prem club then I guess we have to accept there'll be deals like that.

Doubt it, he isn't going to leave here to sit on their bench. Tammy Abraham is their clear #1 as the front man, Jose never plays two, and he'll remain with that status despite controlling the ball 20 yards constantly.
You still think Abraham is shit don't you?

Back