• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Team v Charlton

Think that was more down to having your mate leading the line in the first half ;)

Pretty much. We were really good in the first half, we passed the ball at a really good tempo and McDonald, Evans and Saville were dictating the play well. All we lacked was an actual striker rather than Clarke, and we'd have battered them. And this was when they were still unbeaten in the league and doing well. Saville hit the post and Evans had a good shot saved by their keeper.

It wasn't down to formation at all, just personnel.

Think that was more down to having your mate leading the line in the first half ;)

Saville was unlucky not to score in that one.

Leon was appalling in that game. Missed 2 good chances, one of them with Dicko available for a tap in at the back post IIRC.

Pretty much. We were really good in the first half, we passed the ball at a really good tempo and McDonald, Evans and Saville were dictating the play well. All we lacked was an actual striker rather than Clarke, and we'd have battered them. And this was when they were still unbeaten in the league and doing well. Saville hit the post and Evans had a good shot saved by their keeper.

It wasn't down to formation at all, just personnel.

Yeah - if we'd had Dicko fully-fit from the start instead of Clarke in that game we'd have comfortably won by two or three goals, I reckon. Charlton were solid and compact, but they also gave us a lot of time on the ball, and iirc they only had one clear chance on goal all game apart from the corner they scored from.

Got a spare ST for today if any of you guy would like to attend. Just PM me (stick a post on here too) and I'll give you my contact details if needed

If possible start Golbourne we need the balance his left foot provides.

Pre-match plans people?

Pre-match plans people?

I'll be getting into the Moon just after midday for some food... no beer for me today as I'm on nights as soon as I get home tonight

I'm already in the Western! Last match and Bathams session for me for a few weeks.

Same team for me, but if Dicko doesn't score and Afobe comes off the bench to score then I'd expect Jackett to start Afobe ahead of Dicko in the next match.

Yeah I'd start Benik today, give him a chance to stretch his legs and get a proper feel for how we play.

Charlton are on a horrible run, haven't won since Nov 8th and have lost their last 3 away games so I'm fully expecting us to win today. Still waiting for us to clatter someone 4-0, and Charlton were mauled by Watford last week so today could be the day....

are PLF or WH doing commentary for us overseas fans today ?

@OfficialWolves: WOLVES: Ikeme, Iorfa, Batth, Stearman, Hause, Price, McDonald, Henry, Edwards, Van La Parra, Afobe.

@CAFCofficial: Charlton starting XI: Dmitrović; Solly, Ben Haim, Bikey-Amougou, Fox; Gudmundsson, Buyens, Veljković, Cousins; Harriott, Vetokele.

Interesting. No Dicko.

Back