• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The 2014/15 Promotion Push Run-In Thread

It's the draws vs Millwall (A), Wigan (H) and Blackpool (A) which piss me off, along with the 1-0 loss to Rotherham at the start of the season. That's the difference between us and Boro/Derby/Watford/B'mouth.

Thats why I hope we either get in the play offs or miss out by 5 or 6 points. I would hate to think that a point extra would have done the trick given those games you mentioned when we chucked points

Mini debate just on five live regarding the top of the champ.
Interestingly it started with them focusing on the top 7, so mainly discussed all the others & their chances. Right at the end, molineux favourite Danny Mills put forward the notion that we aren't a bad team, & if we can sneak in the momentum could well be with us to win the play offs.
General conversation was a bit vague, as obviously it ain't the PL, but their focus seemed to be that boro are exceptional defensively, but lack a goalscorer, Derby are wobbling with Martin & Bent injured, All other teams are playing expansive football but are liable to concede goals, & 4 teams on 66 points highlights how close it is.

Never expected Danny Mills to highlight us. Further, can't abide him as a pundit, so expect that to be our death knell.

Just having a quick skim read of the fixtures, & many of the dates have 4 of the current top 8 playing each other. There's a couple of weeks when there's only 2 playing each other. Plenty of scope for fluctuations. We cannot afford to lose either of our next 2, as if we do we'll likely to be out of the running by the end of the month.

Just having a quick skim read of the fixtures, & many of the dates have 4 of the current top 8 playing each other. There's a couple of weeks when there's only 2 playing each other. Plenty of scope for fluctuations. We cannot afford to lose either of our next 2, as if we do we'll likely to be out of the running by the end of the month.

If we win the next two we will be right in the mix. The race for the top six is just heading into the home straight, and anything could still happen.

I'm in danger of spending a good 3-4 hours a day staring at the table, then forthcoming fixtures, then back at the table, then the fixtures again, thinking of way too many permutations, fearing my head will explode.
God I hope we win our next 3 games...

I don't think there's any reason why we can't win the next three games which would make things very interesting, I'm not expecting it but it would be brilliant.

This season has highlighted what a competitive division this and although its a cliche, its true nonetheless that anything can happen, we could easily win the next 4 on the bounce but conversely also lose them. I know most people hate the Championship but personally I find it the most interesting, not the best football obviously (although there are a number of teams that play good stuff) but the most exciting

Middlesbrough v Ipswich.

Boro have a strong looking team and bench, every player is a good one whereas Ipswich have several players who I don't think would gert into our squad. If we win today we could go level with them!

Teddy Bishop back after injury for Ipswich, anyone seen him before? I've heard good things.

One nil Middlesbrough... Piss poor defending from a short corner.

This season has highlighted what a competitive division this and although its a cliche, its true nonetheless that anything can happen, we could easily win the next 4 on the bounce but conversely also lose them. I know most people hate the Championship but personally I find it the most interesting, not the best football obviously (although there are a number of teams that play good stuff) but the most exciting

This is my favourite of the 4 divisions too. Decent standard and pricing.
I reckon we need 7 from a possible 9 in the next 3 games to stay in the running.

Horrible injury for Ipswich keeper conceding their goal, game resumes, Ipswich equalise! Awful goalkeeping

Don't think the likes of Bournemouth, Boro, Derby and Norwich will be best pleased with Reading today. Nine changes to their team ahead of their FA Cup replay on Monday, team full of kids and should be a stroll for Watford.

Last edited:
Don't think the likes of Bournemouth, Boro, Derby and Norwich will be best pleased with Reading today. Nine changes to their team ahead of their FA Cup replay on Monday, team full of kids and should be a stroll for Watford.

and was.

Think Clarke was trying to make a point about being forced to play on Monday. Crappy way to make it mind.

And that Burnley result is what I'd love to see us doing regardless of being in a fight against relegation if we were to go up

And that Burnley result is what I'd love to see us doing regardless of being in a fight against relegation if we were to go up

We did it before under Mick. The only big boy that we always lost to was Arsenal.

I've been trying to forget ever since.

Trouble is we lost to all the teams we should have beaten.

Remember one at the Emirates where Henry was sent off and the lucky bastards scored a winner right at the end

I don't remember that at all... Cant ever remember Henry ever getting sent off against us.

Back