• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The 2015/2016 Summer Improvement Thread

I think with the emphasis on youth developement it's gonna take an almighty fuck up next season for KJ to be going anywhere, the owner of the Club has massive belief in him.

Unlike McCarthy, who i believe Morgan never really took to his heart, Kenny's here to deliver a long term plan.

If KJ doesn't spend better in the summer than last year, he will be under real presuure come November imho. We will be a mid table Champo team without Sako, so unless we bring in some quality in the summer we will be floundering after a few short months of the new season.

I don't think so, the only thing that will put him under pressure will be languishing in the bottom three, although i accept that won't be the case with many of the fans.

I think with the emphasis on youth developement it's gonna take an almighty $#@! up next season for KJ to be going anywhere, the owner of the Club has massive belief in him.

Unlike McCarthy, who i believe Morgan never really took to his heart, Kenny's here to deliver a long term plan.

If people see the likes of Graham, Evans, Wilson and Hunte come into the first team and perform well enough or show glimpses of potential I think KJ will have given himself time. Having said that..

If KJ doesn't spend better in the summer than last year, he will be under real presuure come November imho. We will be a mid table Champo team without Sako, so unless we bring in some quality in the summer we will be floundering after a few short months of the new season.

This is spot on, whilst the emphasis on youth is a good one unless a couple of signings are made that immediately impact the first team and are exponentially better than Saville and Rowe I think the fans will be on Morgan's back very quickly and KJ's back if we are mid-table or below. I don't think that would be unreasonable either.

If KJ moves further towards a direct ball style, which we have been since moving to 4-4-2 I think he gets the sack by November, if he gets some great signings and produces some of the football we know his teams are capable of then he gets us up and he wil be hailed as a great Wolves manager. It depends how brave he and Morgan are.

So the fans will be on his back if we start playing direct? Those same ones who shout gerrit forward all the fucking time when we aren't direct? Impossible to win with a large swathe of the Wolves support.

No thanks to any of those. If you are changing Jackett you are going to want to pretty much GUARANTEE better and none of those names provide that.

As to reaching his limits, how the $#@!ing hell do you know? I despair at some of our fans.
What is better though, football style or results? For instance Allardyce is available in the Summer, nothing is guaranteed but based on track record you would think he'd promote us and keep us in the Prem. If he were manager in August I'd think promotion more likely than under Kenny - not that this is something I'd like to happen.

There's no way we should be talking about sacking Kenny Jackett at this stage. Embarrassing really.

So the fans will be on his back if we start playing direct? Those same ones who shout gerrit forward all the $#@!ing time when we aren't direct? Impossible to win with a large swathe of the Wolves support.

I should've qualified that better. If we move to a more direct style with the players we have we will end up as KJ's Millwall side circa 2010 which is mid to low level fare. I think he's a much better manager than that.

It has been a general consensus that the football we have played over the last two seasons has been very entertaining and a regression from that will have people moaning, it is a natural reaction and it is always impossible to win with all of the crowd.

Last edited:
I think we've shown enough progress to give Jackett plenty more time yet - no way should we be contemplating replacing him.

We're only a few players away from having a very good Championship side, and it's a side that is gradually being built and looks stronger all the time - the difference Afobe has made is immense. If we can bring in someone in central midfield who can make a similar sort of impact, we'll be laughing.

We've had a good season and we've improved. My message to the manager and the squad is simply 'keep going'.

I'd include the owner in that too Langers. If KJ keeps going the way he has with his football philospohy and is backed by good transfer activity we will challenge next season.

How's the view from the moral high ground?

:icon_rolleyes:

If we're still where we are in a years time then we can start to have these conversations.

:icon_rolleyes:

If we're still where we are in a years time then we can start to have these conversations.

What difference does a year make? I don't think anybody is advocating replacing the manager now though, it's more a 'what if'. I hope KJ can keep going the way he has with his football and improve the recruitment (although I know Thelwell has a big part in this) to the point we are acquiring Premier League level players (or at least potential).

We all want something different from our Molineux matchday experience, for me the past two seasons have been the most enjoyable since the Championship winning season so i'm pretty contented.

I'd include the owner in that too Langers. If KJ keeps going the way he has with his football philospohy and is backed by good transfer activity we will challenge next season.

The money we've spent on Saville and Afobe indicates funds are there for the right players. And I really don't think we need a lot of new signings either. Admittedly Saville has not performed well for us (yet) but the outlay on him was significant.

We all want something different from our Molineux matchday experience, for me the past two seasons have been the most enjoyable since the Championship winning season so i'm pretty contented.

I tend to agree. As a slight aside, I think our crowds have been pretty good this season actually - there were some (understandable) nerves on Saturday but overall, the crowd has stuck with the side this season. There has been a lot more patience shown than I would have predicted so fair play to the support for that. At times, the South Bank in particular has been brilliant.

The money we've spent on Saville and Afobe indicates funds are there for the right players. And I really don't think we need a lot of new signings either. Admittedly Saville has not performed well for us (yet) but the outlay on him was significant.

+ the failed bids for Zyro, Delort, etc. We were clearly willing to spend even more money this season.

+ the failed bids for Zyro, Delort, etc. We were clearly willing to spend even more money this season.

Yes indeed. Although you could argue we spent too long looking for the striker we so badly needed. We probably need to get a slightly better balance of patient recruitment and decisive action in the transfer market.

For example, who knows where we could have been if Afobe was in our side from August?

Back