• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The 2015/2016 Summer Improvement Thread

Pretty much.

It's obviously not a good sign that he's not making the match day squad but I've seen enough of Wallace over the years for Portsmouth to know he deserves a chance at this level. He quite clearly hasn't had that level yet - and I really think he has he potential to be a very good player for us.

Same as Jacobs last season, a grand total of 0 starts in his actual position, while Edwards stinks the place out week after week.

He played behind Afobe for 45 minutes vs Preston and was fairly shite.

It's clear that after having him in his squad for a few months that KJ doesn't rate him as highly as he did when he first signed him.

I think it is more a case of KJ adapting his style (fuck knows why) but now not wanting to backtrack (see previous brackets).

Judging players based solely on training and not giving them a proper chance in the team is a dangerous way of doing it. Some players play much better in the team and aren't necessarily great trainers.

Judging players based solely on training and not giving them a proper chance in the team is a dangerous way of doing it. Some players play much better in the team and aren't necessarily great trainers.

Well perhaps they should be a little more professional in their approach to training? I'd consider it much more 'dangerous' to throw a player into the first team in spite of disappointing training performances, what message would that send to the rest of the squad?

I'm not talking about effort, but what quality they show in training. Some players just do things better on the day.

The manager doesn't understand what a number 10 actually is?

Indeed, Jackett's favourite players for the number #10 role include: Darren Pratley, Liam Trotter and Dave Edwards.

It's his Achilles heel.

Indeed, Jackett's favourite players for the number #10 role include: Darren Pratley, Liam Trotter and Dave Edwards.

It's his Achilles heel.

Has anyone in the media ever asked Kenny Jackett why he refrains from having a creative support player in the ten position?

Well perhaps they should be a little more professional in their approach to training?

Does Henry do any crossing at training sessions.
Apart from crossing the concrete on the way down the steps to the training pitches...

Until this season, Henry was probably amongst our most consistently decent cross provider. I'm surprised that he appears to have lost that.

It's his Achilles heel.

That's not an Achilles Heel - that's slashing both your wrists in a hot bath

Until this season, Henry was probably amongst our most consistently decent cross provider. I'm surprised that he appears to have lost that.
You would think as thats the key mechanic to his game that he would be practicing that skill in training continuously.
I would hate to see RVLP honing his crossing skills, he must misplace a thousand crosses each week during practice.

We seem to be linked with Sam Johnstone of Manchester United quite a lot at the moment. Lazy journalism surely?

Wolves ‏@OfficialWolves 12 secs13 seconds ago West Midlands, England

Not expecting any incoming loan activity on emergency deadline day and, at present, nothing happening in the opposite direction.

So that's that?

Maybe time for a winter improvement thread to take us through to the next loan window closure?

Back