• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Advice Thread

Doesn't have to be a ball but I would recommend one, it means you can really dig around with different angles

Something like this - it's just good for general foot health as well too be fair
Ta, worth a punt for a fiver.......cheers mate, thanks to all for their advice

Need some advice on mortgage repayments and APR please. I will be speaking to my solicitor about it but shes not available til tomorrow.
We got our mortgage loan offer, its over 34 years and for the first 5 years it is a fixed rate of 2.8%.
After 5 years it then jumps up to 4.5% variable.

So, my monthly repayments go from €1,213 a month to €1,486 for the remaining 29 years.
That seems quite a high jump and as it's variable, it can obviously come down but it can also go up too.

Is this normal?
Looking at the overall cost in total, we are going to end up spending over €550k on a loan of €319k.
Is that right? Can it be changed once we get to the 5 year mark and start on the variable rate?
Seems a huge amount of interest to me.

DDW - it's perfectly normal to get the fixed rate for a term, then be put back on the standard variable - however, all you do is sort out a new fixed deal at the end of the 5-year term (again and again), and never actually go back onto the variable rate.

Yeah make sure you diarise to change your mortgage at the end of the fixed period, perfectly normal.

34 years?!

I didn't realise you could get a mortgage term that long, makes me feel a little better about the 21 years we've got left.

Our first mortgage was 35 years and a 105% 😲

34 years?!

I didn't realise you could get a mortgage term that long, makes me feel a little better about the 21 years we've got left.
If you are old enough can get an interest only one till you die (not many lenders in that market, but am doing one of those now). Want to unlock funds to enjoy myself whilst I am still capable of doing so.

Really pissed me off that I could apply for a max of 29 years for our mortgage a few weeks back because I turned 40 this year!

Made me feel ancient.

Ours was a 35 year mortgage as that was the only way we could afford it!

Just the 25 years left now...

Eyes well and truly opened.

Always saw 25 years very much as the default, know a few people that went a little beyond that but don't think I've heard of anyone at 30+ years until today.

Our new one is 17 years but that was our choice as we had 15 left on the house we sold and didn't want to add on too much extra

Random one - anyone ever bought any clothes off eBay?

I pretty much need to buy everything again, but that’s going to cost a bit - so I was thinking about eBaying a fair bit of my (newish) stuff and buying from the occasional thing from rhere.

Does anybody wear contact lenses?

Im a glasses wearer and toying with the idea of switching to lenses. I've only had glasses for the last two years but looking for Pro's/con's on lenses? I've a consultation after my eye test but if there's any first hand experience of them I'm all ears.

Yep - worn them for more than half of my life. Couldn't live without them - mine are the All Day and Night kind so I don't have to take them out when I sleep.

I need to clean them once every few days but in all honesty, I can't feel them at all - it's like having perfect eyesight again!

Glasses are ok and I sometimes wear them to give my eyes a rest but they're shit when it rains, and in the current climate, wearing a mask with glasses on is a no-go as they constantly fog up when you breathe!

I've known you how long, 10 years? And I never knew that.

So either I don't listen or you kept it a secret...

I'm blind as a fucking bat mate :ROFLMAO:

You must have seen me wearing glasses every so often?

Back