• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Advice Thread

I hate that pretty much every supplier gives far better deals to new customers rather than existing ones. I've switched suppliers numerous times over the years for that and EVERY TIME the old supplier has called after I've agreed to switch and offered to match the price.

Erm - why didn't you do this before I cancelled?! Now you expect me to get back on the phone, cancel the setup that's just taken me half an hour to sort out with another provider just to give me the same deal I've just got? Fuck off - if you want to keep customers, stop penalising those who have been paying you for 18 months!

I've got to speak to Sky when we move house and get them to set us up but if they don't lower their prices, Virgin can have my custom as their introductory offer is pretty good.

I'd rather stick with Sky as the UI is excellent and I really like the content I've got but the price hike was a piss take.

I've got to speak to Sky when we move house and get them to set us up but if they don't lower their prices, Virgin can have my custom as their introductory offer is pretty good.
I got a load of discounts when I moved. Didn't even have to ask or make threats to leave them either. Guy on the phone just went straight in with "lets see what savings we can make for you"

A lot better than a few years previously when they said lets see if we can get you anything extra and asked me if I liked football and who I supported, armed with my response she came back with "How would MUTV for £5 p/m interest you" in a tone of voice that suggested there was no way I was turning that down!

I'll see what they say - I really don't want to move to a different supplier but my mortgage payments will be WAY more in our new posh pad so I need to make savings wherever possible.

Hopefully I'll speak to someone nice!!

I’m rubbish at haggling but Sky are always really good at offering discounts when I ring them up. You don’t even need to threaten to leave.

Even if you tell them to put the cancellation through with Sky, you still have 31 days before your services end to change your mind. They often phone you to offer you deals during that time.

You can do online chat with Sky if you go through the cancellation link on their website. I basically copied and pasted what someone on the MoneySavingExpert forums had been offered and they gave me the same deal as I was a "valued customer"

Bit disappointed with Sky, just phoned them up, guy asked for my number in case the line dropped out, which it did, phoned back after a couple of minutes, dropped out again after a bit.....still waiting to hear from them 30 minutes later.....not a good look on their reliability

The issue with Sky, as mentioned above, is you are only a valued customer when you have an issue, I had the full package for decades (I miss the late night German channels RTL2 etc ;) ) I don't even want to think what I've paid them in that time but you are less thought of than a new subscriber

I got a load of discounts when I moved. Didn't even have to ask or make threats to leave them either. Guy on the phone just went straight in with "lets see what savings we can make for you"

A lot better than a few years previously when they said lets see if we can get you anything extra and asked me if I liked football and who I supported, armed with my response she came back with "How would MUTV for £5 p/m interest you" in a tone of voice that suggested there was no way I was turning that down!
As a resident of Market Drayton, any company will naturally want your business.

As a resident of Market Drayton, any company will naturally want your business.
The issue is pointing the dish south east when the scullery staffs quarters are in the way of the signal

They have staff standing on the roof holding the dish, Rod Hull style.

Have you 2 (Statler & Waldorf) ever been to MD?

If you have can you direct me to the area of which you speak

I have a friend/colleague that lives in MD, Frogmore Close. I won't tell you which house because he's my friend and you can't have him.

Frogmore is at the end of the road I live on, off to find the poor sod that knows you I go...

It'll be the guy with the thousand hard stare.

Now be careful, because he's on the Frogmore Close that's off another Frogmore....road, I think. Double Frogmores!

I'm looking for some IT/interwebs advice..

We have Virgin Media Fibre 100mb, but I cannot get a signal upstairs for the life of me some days (usually fixed by either restarting the internet, or persevering, or I just swear a lot and give up). We just have the router Virgin supplied at the moment, but does anyone have any router/WiFi booster system upgrade tips? I'd be looking to buy a router and just the one booster to pop upstairs, because at the moment it's absolutely horrendous.

I'm looking for some IT/interwebs advice..

We have Virgin Media Fibre 100mb, but I cannot get a signal upstairs for the life of me some days (usually fixed by either restarting the internet, or persevering, or I just swear a lot and give up). We just have the router Virgin supplied at the moment, but does anyone have any router/WiFi booster system upgrade tips? I'd be looking to buy a router and just the one booster to pop upstairs, because at the moment it's absolutely horrendous.
I'd get in touch with Virgin, we have our Virgin router in our bedroom and can get a good signal anywhere in the house, in fact can just about get a signal at the bottom of our garden. They can boost your signal I think or maybe give you a new router.

Back