• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Advice Thread

Since I shaved off my beard a while ago I've struggled with shaving - finally settled on a razer, but need to find a good gel. What do people recommend? I had a beard for nearly 10 years so totally out of the loop.
Not gel but proper shaving soap.

Taylors of Bond Street, Sandalwood. It's moisturised to not leave your skin dry. Hot water first, and a badger hair brush to apply to your face.

Never found a good balm as I find cold water closes the pores well enough and leaves you smoother than a Barry White chorus.

The Fusion 5 blade version just rips my neck to bits for some reason.
Does your mrs use it to do her legs and armpits?
Mine did till I stopped using a razor.
Always use an electric beard trimmer set to 'fashionably stubble'.
Twice a week.

I wasn't sure where to post this, but this happened in the early hours today at St Saviour, Jersey.

Caused by a lithium bike battery being charged upstairs...

Fortunately the smoke alarms alerted the residents who managed to safely escape.

IMG-20220908-WA0002.jpg

I bought some £15 Remington hair clippers during the first lockdown for my wife to do my hair with. Since I’ve shaved my beard off, I just use them to shave my face too now.

I have a wet shave about twice a year. It’s too much of a faff and it annoys me how much it costs for razors, blades, lotions etc. When I did wet shave regularly it was always nivea sensitive after shave balm and usually nivea shaving foam.

I wasn't sure where to post this, but this happened in the early hours today at St Saviour, Jersey.

Caused by a lithium bike battery being charged upstairs...

Fortunately the smoke alarms alerted the residents who managed to safely escape.

View attachment 5949
Is there a link to the news story about that? Can’t find it. Thanks.

They go up stupidly quick, Halfords have a fireproof? locker to store the bike batteries, it’s wired into the mains as well for charging them, and cuts the power when the lights are turned off.
The official advice for a battery fire in the workshop if you were working on them was “ hit the alarm, run like fuck! “

There’s YouTube videos with Escooters going up, it’s really scary how fast they catch fire and pump out the poisonous smoke

Anybody have any advice/experience of working for/under umbrella companies?

Have a freelance job that needs to be paid via an Umbrella company and have been recommended 2 by my agency (Crest Plus and Parasol) and wondering if anyone has had any experience with them?

Thanks
Jack

Think they're all much of a muchness now, pretty much all the tax write-offs have gone.

Do it as a sole trader if it's any kind of option, doing your own tax return is a piece of piss.

Orange Chips:

Do we have a consensus on where the truly best ones are? I have a relative coming over and I'd like to get some good 'uns (y)

Majors in bilston has a good rep, the chippy behind Wednesfield church, and ashma bottom shops are good as well

Spent enough time in the heart of rank...sorry, orange chip country thankyouverymuch

Back