• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Advice Thread

Sweet potato chips > normal chips

Right I fucked up - forgot there was no chance of my dinner suit fitting me and I’ve got an invite to a black tie event next Wednesday.

Anyone know where I can a cheapish suite at short notice? Too late to hire too..

Think I got one from Burtons as a student for about £80. Was about 12 years ago though.

If you’ve dropped 7st since the last time of wearing, just wear it and say you’re David Byrne from talking heads

Buy one from wherever, don't cut the tags, return it after...

That was my default option, would rather not spend £160 though.
Think the one I had was about £110, plain blue.

Issue I had, and continue to live with, was shortsightedly using some discount voucher scheme through work to order every possible size/fit combination last minute for a wedding. Then when I inevitably returned what didn't fit I ended up with everything back on a gift card, surprising how long it takes to get through that value on meal deals and pastries.

Anyone got any tips on stopping nuisance calls on a landline?

Had 10+ in the last two days from "Virgin Media" (it obviously isn't them). They keep masking the number so it looks like it comes from Liverpool/Manchester/Bristol etc when it's clearly from the Asian sub-continent, so number blocking (which Virgin might be able to do, I don't know) probably won't work.

I'd unplug the fucking thing but Mrs DW's Dad uses it to phone here, he's 80 and on his own, we're the nearest point of contact by a mile so not really an option. I could ignore the calls but the issue there is I'm working into the night at times currently, ignore it or not, it's waking me up when I've had two hours sleep.

I have of course used plenty of variants of "fuck off you cunts, I'll hurt you" when they ring but it's not quite having the desired effect.

We're already ex-directory and TPS registered - it's not telemarketing, it's an out and out scam.

Get a phone with call blocking built in

Essentially anyone calling you has to tell you who they are before you answer. You won't know they are calling unless they announce who they are. You can then decide whether to accept, reject or get them to leave a message.

You can add numbers in, so people you are fine with don't have to go through the announcing shizzle

Not had one scam or telemarketing call in the time we have had the phones with this on (at least 5 years)

Last edited:
But if they announce "it's Virgin Media" (as they do when I pick up the phone), it'll start ringing, won't it?

But if they announce "it's Virgin Media" (as they do when I pick up the phone), it'll start ringing, won't it?
If its a scam, they won't even do the announce bit

But it goes like this if they call and do

1) Call your number
2) Your phone won't ring
3) They will be told the call is being monitored and to say who they are (scam callers and robot calls piss off at this point)
4) If they hang around and say who they are, your phone will then ring
5) You answer and you will get "You have a call from and plays their announcement.."scammer at Virgin Media"
6) You then will get options like Press 1 to accept, 2 to send to voicemail, 3 to reject

Back