• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Definitive TWF Worst Wolves XI Thread

I'm not having a go at you Frank, each to his own and what you class as the worst is your own interpretation. On a pure footballing level Chapman was worse than Pennant, Oldroyd worse than Ashley etc, but I've chosen to go with either disappointments or people who plainly didn't try. Darren Anderton won 30 England caps, but he'll be number 1 in my pick of central midfielders, the disinterested, lazy twat.
Exactly, it's all personal. I'm the only person to pick Stephen Hunt, that's fine though. I'm comfortable with the being the man who disliked the ratbag the most.

Exactly, it's all personal. I'm the only person to pick Stephen Hunt, that's fine though. I'm comfortable with the being the man who disliked the ratbag the most.

He may well feature down the left for me as the only games I was at when he played he was on that side - he may not have supposed to have been there though. Your view on his 'quality' is reasonable though

I'm saving him for the left, tbh. Also, was it Saunders who played him left back on his return from injury one time? Might have been Bristol City at home?

I'm saving him for the left, tbh. Also, was it Saunders who played him left back on his return from injury one time? Might have been Bristol City at home?

Nah, he came on for Sako against Brizzle when Bakary did his "summer to get over it" hamstring (and proper fucked it as well, no way should he have come back inside 5-6 weeks, shows how much he cared).

Stale played him at LB vs Chelsea I think :icon_lol: Went well.

Nah, he came on for Sako against Brizzle when Bakary did his "summer to get over it" hamstring (and proper fucked it as well, no way should he have come back inside 5-6 weeks, shows how much he cared).

Stale played him at LB vs Chelsea I think :icon_lol: Went well.

No that was our dear friend Ronald!

So it was. Look, you made me look up the team now.

---------------------De Vries--------------------

Stearman--------Batth--------Margreitter------Zubar

Peszko----------Edwards-------Davis------------Hunt

---------------------Boukari----------------------------

---------------------Sigurdarson------------------------

Forde on for Hunt at HT, Nouble (!) on for Razak after an hour or so and a brief appearance for Zeli near the end for Peszko.

Fuck me. How bad is that. I know it was the League Cup but still.

Well even worse was getting there fairly excited about the tie and then realising a) Stale had made ten changes and b) Chelsea had practically played their first team.

Nouble shanked the ball into the side netting with his left foot from a cross at least three times . Zeli looked quite good in his brief cameo!

Landslide time:

Greg Halford - 66
Jermaine Pennant - 33
Rohan Ricketts - 23
Paul Jones - 17
Robbie Slater - 10
Mark Rankine - 5
Silas - 3
Campbell Chapman - 3
Darron Gibson - 2
Darren Anderton, Kevin Foley, Stephen Hunt - all 1

Over to the other side, left midfield - three picks, you know the drill.

Rohan Ricketts
Sheyi Ojo
Tim Steele

Ricketts
Ricketts
Ricketts
Ricketts
FUCKING RICKETTS

Bascially that 45 mins v WBA in the FA Cup was the most cowardly unforgiveable performance by any Wolves player EVER. Plus he is a gobby little chav

If I *must* pick 2nd and 3rd

Kyel Reid
Tim Steele (amazingly after a trip to watch Bully, Bobby Robson said he wasn impressed with Tim Steele)

Rohan Ricketts
Tommy Rowe
Jeremy Helan

Rohan Ricketts
Tim Steele
Tommy Rowe

The Rickster will win this by a landslide.

Saville
Ojo
Anderton- sicknote has to get in somewhere just like Mr Gloves.

Again its a bit harsh on Saville who was stuck on the wing out of position, but he was so glorifyingly bad at it that it merits a first place, only a nose again from the hapless diving machine that was Sheyi Ojo. If Saville had scored rather than hit the post v Chelsea he would have come second. But Ojo scored v Blouse so that relegates him by a nose.

I think that's VERY harsh on Saville TBH, Cyber. He wasn't good enough but he was miles better than some of the dross mentioned in the past few posts.

Rohan Ricketts
Tommy Rowe
Jeremy Helan

I think that's VERY harsh on Saville TBH, Cyber. He wasn't good enough but he was miles better than some of the dross mentioned in the past few posts.

Yeah I thought I was being a bit unfair but then I still see him dawdling around on the left wing, unable to cross , unable to get past a defender and I think what a waste of a shirt! He was awful in almost every game I saw him and particularly awful when playing out wide. I resisted the chance to play him at left back but as there is so much "talent" for this team in midfield I think Georgy Boy gets a worthy mention on my list.

Back